Finally, I can get outside!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I spent most of the weedend outside in my garden, Yea! Even had Hubby helping me thin out some shrubs and he even built me a compost sifter that fits over my garden cart!

Anyways, here is what I have been enjoying.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Quail daffodils

I got some of the muck out of the watergarden, Can you spot the 2 frogs?

The weeping cherry is blooming but I think the cold weather we had stunted the buds, they don't seem as big as in other years.

Down by the large Norway spruce. Mrs. Moon is all abloom!

And my Pasque Flower made it through the cold spell, I was a bit worry!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

sounds and looks like a happy two days !!!
Sat AM went on a bird walk that was posted by mistake, no ranger, so another gal and I did a guess and check birdwalk ourselves. it was such a beautiful morning. Came home and worked on a 'shady' bed, under a redbud.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2007 3:24 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Lady, To be you today. I had my shoulder surgery on Friday. I have my right arm in a sling for the next 2 weeks and am not sure how long it will take to be very useful. I have tons of things to do in the yard and it is breaking my heart not to be able to do them. My son and GS caught me out in the yard yesterday when they came to check on me. First thing GS said was Grams your supposed to be resting. There I was with my PJ's on, arm in a sling, pillow tucked under it and weeding the front flower bed. Ric is going to give me a shower and wash my hair this afternoon so I told him I was going out this morning and do a little weeding. He just told me to try really hard not to fall. That would be very bad. He knows it's almost impossible to keep me in.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Holly I hope you're feeling better soon! Take care and don't hurt yourself.

Holly, give yourself time to heal, don't over do it.

I was in your place last year, follow Dr's orders.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.