Moved my WS babies to their new homes!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Inspired (and perhaps delirious) by the nice weather we had this weekend, I felt optimistic enough to move all the containers to their eventual planting site. I wanted the plants to get used to their permanent locations before I remove them from the safety of their containers. The only ones I haven't moved are the ones that are going in containers, and the ones that I haven't figured out where I'm going to put them! The non-germinators got moved to the nursery bed. TAmara

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Tamara: That's good that you moved the containers to their eventual planting site. They will get use to that area and before you know it, you'll be planting them out. Don't forget to keep them watered, if you don't receive enough precipitation.

A nursery bed is helpful too until you figure out where you want to plant everything. Sometimes, I walk around my garden with my containers in hand to find the best placement for them. Don't forget, if you're not happy were they are growing, they always can be moved around at a future date.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.