Attendance thread for MO DG RU on April 28

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

If you are planning to attend, please reply to this thread so we will have some idea of how many we will be feeding, etc. Thanks, GOD bless all of you, and hope to see you next Saturday, April 28th.

Sedalia, MO

I am planning on attending, not all day,but for most of it.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I coming with my dog, Rusty and I don't know if park allow dog on leash?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, you can bring Rusty. Last year we had Lacey so Rusty will be fine if on a leash. I will be there too along with my grandma Pat.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I bring with chain leash...

Anna

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

I intend to be there and ellegh may come who is DW

Dave719

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Hubby and I should be there

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I bring Baked-Eggplant Parmesan dish.

Sounds good. Put it on the food list.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Dave, we hadn't heard from you for so long I wasn't sure if we would see you or not. I think I remembered that you have had a lot of repair work to do on the bunny business end of things. It will be great to see you again and hopefully get to meet your DW.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2007 10:09 PM

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

I will be there early in the morning. between 8 and 8:30 to help you set up. I will be leaving the Lauri area about 7am.

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

DW and I are planning to come. We will probably arrive around 9:30 or so.
Dave.

Tipton, IA

i plan on coming if cars done is in shop, should be done. Dessa

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

This will be short. I was intending on being at the park at 8am. If I am not there by 8:30 i will not be there. Came down with a cold late last week and it has turned into a slight case of Pheumonia. Sorry

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh, Oz, I am so sorry. Please take good care of yourself. I tend to get pneumonia rather often and know how hard it can be on a person. Your health is the most important issue right now. GOD be with you and keep you.

Sedalia, MO

Update, I won't be able to attend. My BIL has to go to k.c to do a job,and we have to go down and stay with MIL, she cain't stay alone. She is 89 and has some trouble getting around, the place at the lake is aways from the ones she knows there.

Oz, take real good care of yourself this week. That way there's a better chance of you making it. lol. Just take care anyways and don't overdo it.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I will be there , Not sure if Hubby can come.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

My van in Nissan service and I don't know if will make it by weekend if not then I won't be coming...

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Hi all, I'm coming, I just loaded my small trailer up with plants (mostly tree seedlings).
I didn't want to say anything earlier in case I couldn't make it like last year, stuff just pops up sometimes.
I hope to get to Sedalia without trouble, but one never knows. I have pretty bad luck (I've already used my triple A once this year). I wish I had more room in my car and trailer (its a small car and a small trailer), I could offer to split the ride with somebody from this area if they wanted. If anyone wants to convoy with me to Sedalia that is good, if they don't mind driving a little slower than usual.
Ideally, I hope to arrive with my plants intact but I expect there will be considerable buffeting on them. If by chance some of them do get broken leaders and such, they will grow back eventually. I just hope the smaller ones don't jump out on bumps. I'll try to keep it around 60 mph.
Their packed in there pretty tight so I'm optimistic.

I am bringing (all container grown and made it thru the Winter here in pots). -

1 female Osage Orange aka Hedge-Apple (thorned).
5 Austrian Pines
1 White Ash (get one before they get wiped out).
2 Silver Maple (1 about 6 feet tall, hope its still that tall after the ride).
4 Eastern Red Cedars (like you see on the side of the road).
3 Prickly-Pear pads (cactus) that are multiplying after being outside all Winter in containers (Hardy in Missouri). I even noticed today that I hadn't drilled drain holes for one of these and it is still multiplying in standing water!
2 Wild Plum
3 Chain-link Cholla cactus (hardy in Missouri, good for landscaping, awe the neighbors).
2 Honeylocust (grown from seed from thornless tree, no sign of thorns yet after 3 years).
1 mystery tree sapling! I'll tell what it is when I get there!
Hint: Its different than all the rest.

I'm not sure when I'll get there, hopefully before 2. I want to leave around 9 or ten so I think that should be okay.
I'll be in a small, dark green car. If you see it rumbling in, feel free to wave me down. I'm not sure where in Liberty Park it is so I'd be driving around. If the shelter number was posted, I missed it.
If someone wants to post directions again or mention where they are at, that would be good.
Here is a photo of them that I took tonite -

Will (shortleaf).
p.s. I'll be an awkward short man with brown/gray hair.

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

See you there Shortleaf..

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I'm leaving soon. I wish I had a top for my trailer. I might have to cut the top off the Silver Maple if it blows too much, it would soon grow back. I'm moving into a rental next month so I won't be trading much if any, I don't have anywhere to put anything I'm afraid. I saw the instructions to the park. I'll be one of the ones coming from the North and turning left on third street.
Hope you guys aren't camera shy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.