Show us the babies!

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Okay, we have talked and talked about the seeds we have sown. Now I wanna see photos of what we planted! I still have more to plant and more in the basement LOL but here is the stuff that is outside.

Thumbnail by Zarebeth
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Wow - nice crop Zarebeth! Are those purchased little greenhouses, or have you created them using a bakers rack and plastic? They look perfect. I need some. The jungle needs to move outside soon....

Joanne

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I bought them. You should be able to find them either online (better quality, more expensive of course) or in Nurserys and Farm Supply stores. One was $100, the other $40 - I think now they are down to $25. The cheaper ones have very flimsy plastic, though - not good for much except keeping out the wind, and they both tip over really easily in the wind if they aren't braced.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Awesome - saw some similar to yours at a greenhouse in town. Will have to invest. I missed out buying a used one from somebody recently - someone else snapped it up before me at a yard sale. The lady who was selling it mentioned that she put a heavy pot on the bottom shelf to hold it down - kind of a waste of plant space, but pretty necessary here in Calgary - can you say windy city! I bet they'd be good kites if they managed to get air born. LOL.

Joanne

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Mine has plastic sides that come down to the ground PLUS about 4 extra inches. There are grommets in there and they included some long staples to put theough the grommets. It also had tie downs, just like a tent. I also added a row of bricks all around the perimeter because Daisyruffles mentioned the wind got UNDER hers, and lifted it up, up and away.

Zarebeth, I'd send pictures, but my babies are all grown up and planted out. They don't look so big when they are spaced out in the garden :)

Suzy

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is a collage of sorts that I stuck together to send to a friend last month. You can tack on about 1/2 that much again and you'll have what is actually growing in here now.

La

p.s. I need a greenhouse!

Edited to add that not all of those are from seed. The big stand with all the hanging baskets contains mostly house plants, and a few of the others in the flats are plants I've propagated via cuttings or other methods.

Edited twice to correct typos! Jeesh.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2007 1:27 AM

Thumbnail by Lala_Jane
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Still to cold to harden off but getting big in the basement, underlights.

Delphinium, Black Knight

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Salvia, Cambridge Blue. I pinched out the top as side growth is starting to show.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.