Daily Pic's_ Page 9

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Delightful - nice job!!!!

Melbourne, FL

Ceadr Waxwings have made it down to the berry filled bush a few times before the Mockingbird chases them off.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Second shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Woodpecker going for a Orange snack.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Mourning Dove.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Marlton, NJ

Very cool GP!

Nice setup deb!

Marlton, NJ

Got a bit better pic of the Flicker yesterday, had to shoot through 3 trees but was happy to see him on lower branches

This message was edited Apr 22, 2007 8:06 PM

Thumbnail by pelletory
Melbourne, FL

Lucky to have one Pell....they are so beautiful!

White crowned sparrow - looks a little cranky, don't you think?

Thumbnail by Murmur

And swarms of Siskins! They're eating me out of house and home (thistle-wise, that is).

Thumbnail by Murmur

One more - you'd think this little intruder would have had the decency to dust my chandelier while he was up there, but nooooooo . . .

He was a cutie, though, and totally at ease . . . I finally got him to fly out the upstairs bedroom window - but it took awhile.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Marlton, NJ

Murmur, nice pics. The WC Sparrow is very sweet looking. My cats would have had a field day with a Chickadee in the house.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks yall,
What a deal, seems there have been several reports of birds wandering into their house. LOL Last week I snuck up on a Dove snooping around in the gh, lol. You talk about freaked!! That bird was frantic.
On another note when it comes to love they have no shame... as well they shouldn't. For birds it is a pure and innocent part of life.
Dove love....

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

And they did that several times...in between grooming each other. She wants to make sure her eggs have babies for sure.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Then just a few feet away from me the finches come by...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Then they flew away...

Deb, great photos . . . makes the heart feel so happy! You picked up good wing action there - I rarely do, darn it.

Pelletory, two of my cats were outside (which is why the screen was open in the first place - I don't often let my youngest cat out, but she convinced me and I wanted her to be able to get right back in), but the third one (Margie) was inside and VERY interested!!! Fortunately, the Chickadee stayed up high - the ceiling is 18 feet high where the chandelier is, and it wasn't in the bedroom (a loft) long enough to get in danger. Made me very nervous, though - I would feel horrible if the poor thing had become a meal in my house!

Thumbnail by Murmur
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Murmur, Whew! ya had a close call with Margie, I would have been nervous too.

Looking out this morning mommy sparrow is still on the job.. Stretching her neck tall & on her tippy toes...

Hard not to love this>

Marlton, NJ

Beautiful cat Murmur!

Its always nice seeing the young get fed deb.

Pelletory, Margie is indeed a beautiful cat - and she knows it . . . preens herself constantly and is a real snot (loves me, though, so she's not all bad!!).

Deb, just steals my heart to see a baby bird being fed - it just tells the whole story of what the universe is all about.

I was taking pictures of eagles during my lunch - they were soaring mostly, but came close at times. No idea if I got any decent shots as my battery went dead - so I've run home before I have to go to my next client to recharge it!!! The eagles were gone when it went bad so my temper tantrum was minimal.

Marlton, NJ

Female Downy Woodpecker

Looks like she's on alert.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Here she is a little calmer.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Goldfinch in the apple tree; nice camouflage.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Love those guys pell, great shots!

:-)

Looking out the window now here's a good papa gathering food for the ms. and the chicks, haven't seen her much at all the last couple days. (So I figure someone hatched out or about to..)

Nice photos, Pelle and Deb! I didn't take any bird photos today, but did get some interesting ones yesterday. There were several gulls furiously chasing an eagle which had something in its mouth. I don't know what it was, but obviously he had stolen it from the gulls.

Thumbnail by Murmur

More chasing . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Still chasing . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

The gull with its "catch . . ."

Thumbnail by Murmur

Again . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Still running away with it . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Still being chased . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Just a few more . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

This went on and on . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Love the wing patterns . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur

Just two more . . . sorry, I just couldn't choose because the wings looked different in each one!!!

Thumbnail by Murmur

last one!

Thumbnail by Murmur
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

That must have been something to see!
I always chuckle when I see a large bird being pursued by a smaller one.

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Murmur, FANTASTIC !!!!
I really like the pictures showing the back of the wings. Were you on a bluff looking down?

Marlton, NJ

Great pics Murmur!!!

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

Spectacular. Thank you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.