Gnats! Help!

That's a first. Spraying one's self with Neem Oil??? I'd try that maybe. Have you tried it yet?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

we bought a mosquito magnet when we lived in the keys. we bought it for the no-see-ums (midges). it worked ok but not terrificly. it's one of the main reasons we moved. we just couldn't take them any longer. day and night, 365 days a year, we couldn't walk outside. it wasn't like that when we first moved there, only the last couple of years. we had planes that flew overhead every week and trucks that sprayed the neighborhoods about three days a week, spraying chemicals to control the mosquitos and it killed the midges too. then they started using something safer and unfortunately it didn't work. i tried every natural remedy known to man; nothing worked.

forgot to add that this looked good but we never tried it. http://www.mosquitofree.com.au/home.asp

This message was edited Jul 11, 2007 7:57 PM

Thumbnail by trackinsand
Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Equilibrium...I haven't tried it yet, but the woman who owns and works outside in the nursery every day swears by it! She also puts it on her pets (back of the neck) like you would some of these flea/tick preventatives???

I am starting to get desperate though as the bugs are really bad right now...but do I want to smell of Garlic/Sulphur??? hahahahaha. That Neem Oil Stinks to high heaven!

I was spraying it yesterday to get rid of white flies on my beautiful Portlandia, and the plant still smelled like it came out of Mama Gucchi's kitchen this morning! Pest's are gone though!

Maybe it works!

You try it...okay? hahaha

I'll let you try it first ;)

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Yes, some gnats do bite -- I have the kind that flies in a cloud around your head and loves to fly into your eyes when your hands are dirty in the garden ... they bite me all the time ... there is more than one kind of gnat. A wide brim hat helps but doesn't ward them off entirely ... also I read that they like to go to the highest point ... I'm thinking of trying a dunce hat next!

They are really bad these days here...arrrrggghhhh! They're selective though...My Guy and I will be sitting outside around dusk and they only want to bite me! What is that all about???

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

You're sweeter ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.