DEATH TO MOUSIES!

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

AAAARGH! I just went downstairs to check my baby seedlings and the mice have struck! They wiped out a whole flat of Portulaca and Salpiglossis! And with my fat country cat mouser downstairs all the time - sleeping no doubt. My heart is broken - it couldn't have been something common like petunias or zinnias, it had to be my lovingly tended hard-to-germinate babies that had just sprouted. The rat b@$#@rds even nibbled on my larkspur and delphinium, but I think they only took the cotlydons...

*snif* WAHHHHHHHHHH

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, I'm sorry! I had them take out a couple flats of peppers one year when I'd set them outside to harden off... nervy little demons didn't even eat them, they just snipped off the stems! Surprisingly, a lot of the peppers resprouted from the stubs, and I did end up with a reasonable number to plant out -- but I don't think I gave away any extra seedlings that year.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Sorry to hear that, zarebeth. Just a couple months ago, I lost quite a few of my wintersowed seedlings to the darn slugs. So I know exactly what you are going thru!
I love the painted tongue too. And they take so long to get going too................geez, that darn cat................needs to do its job................LOL
But really, I am sorry to hear that.
Carol

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Get yourself one of these. I haven't seen any sign of mice in my house since I found this in my laundry last summer. Never did find the owner, thank heavens.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=blgmiata&aid=576460762315771604&pid=&wtok=wBLNSERumrNPGwhp58FApw--&ts=1176383532&.src=ph

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, my goodness. I am not sure that I would be living in that house after I found that skin!!! Oh dear, that really gives me the creeps.
Carol

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I feel your pain. After searching for a year,I finally found seeds for gold leaf strawberry"Golden Alexandra" and the darn slugs and snails are munching them and they're still so tiny I don't think they'll survive.........but I did buy two packages and only used part of one so I can try again if these don't make it.

P

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

P,

Sluggo bait for slugs is very effective and, since it based on iron phosphate, it is non toxic. And when it is eventually washed into the soil by rains, it contains two essential nutrients for plants.

MM

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Finally set traps. I hate to do it! But the little jerks gave me no choice. I caught 6 in three days, and none since. They either got smart, or they are all gone outside into the beautiful weather. Maybe some of each! But my babies are outside in the greenhouses, so until next spring I guess I will live and let live for now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.