Journal d' Lucas...

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I was kind of disappointed this morning, after yesterdays success of being able to scratch under his jaw. Today he flinched away from my hand and strolled off to munch. *sigh*

But tonight, when feeding, he tried to rub his nose against my fingertips, then went over to Mack to see what he was up to with that food ... I came up beside him, expecting him to exit stage right, but he stayed. I reached out towards his shoulder - and he stayed - and I touched it. He shivered like it tickled, so I scratched - his shoulder, up and down his neck. His eyes were half closed, his head wagging back and forth - OMG he's so soft. And so itchy, lol. I scratched under his mane, back down to his shoulder and up to his withers, and down his back and up again. He left abruptly, but at a saunter.

It's happening! He's slowly but oh, so surely....

This thread has 174 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!