Anoda Cristata-Got sent this weed in trade WHY

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I am so glad I didn't plant this. I don't need to get a new weed started in my garden. Why would someone send it in a trade? Do you think it is a flower in some places?

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Was it something you requested for, or was offered and accepted or was it something someone sent you out of the blue?

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Tim,
It was said to be a surprise included in a trade for other seeds.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, HoniBee, I suppose they did surprise you. Some people have a
weird sense of humor. Just burn it
and forget it. Just don't trade with
that person again. Life's too short
to sweat the little stuff, and most
things are just that, Little Stuff.

"eyes"

There is a cultivar called Anoda cristata 'Snowcup'. Its sometimes sold as a bedding annual.

Maybe it was sent in innocence (wasn't me I didn't do it gov LOL) Someone recently sent me Epilobium angustifolia, a stunning, floriferous, tall handsome plant, common name here is Rosebay Willowherb in the USA its called fireweed. Beautiful though it is, its very invasive and tough to get rid of. The Victorians grew it as a charming back of the border plant and its been here ever since. I know it was sent in innocence, its notsomething I will grow (I have enough already) nor will I pass it on but a joy in may garden may be a terrible weed for you.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I am sure it wasn't meant to be mean. I just found it interesting when I looked it up. The package also says opal cup. It came from overseas and maybe it is something they love there.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

If you want to try it, plant it in a container so that you can contain
it until you decide if you want to
plant it in your yard. Nothing
ventured, nothing gained.

"eyes"

Courtenay, BC

Hey.....I have a wonderful plant to send to anyone who whats some seed! Taraxacum officinale. Originally from France, self seeding and very hardy.
Showy yellow flowers, long to spoon-shaped leaves.
Endless supply! Get em whial they're hot! .....any takers? I'd love to ship out all that I have!
;-)candleberry

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Candleberry, email me with details, sounds like something I would like.
"eyes"

Candle

Dandelions are a great source of vitamins...seeds of certain varieties are sold here as veg and you can even grind the roots up for a coffee substitute.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I was looking for gourmet dandelions. Haven't been able to find yet.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

There ya go.

"eyes"

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

yeah, but you know what they say bout dandelions...

lil

Knoxville, TN

hey,candle
I'm game if eyes is
luv nana

Jackson, TN(Zone 7a)

Honibee, you wouldn't happen to still have these seeds, would you? I would like to have some of them, please.

Melissa

I will email you directly if no reply is made here.

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Why don't you contact the person who sent it and ask them for more information? They wouldn't send anything to be mean, so maybe they can enlighten you. Better to contact them directly than to see your post here and possibly be offended.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

There are two more cultivars of this native Arizona weed, 'Oval Cup' and 'Silver Cup', lavender and white, respectively. It is a tender perennial, so in your zone 5, HoniBee, it should be safe, unless it self seeds aggressively. John

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.