Constant Visitor...

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh that's cute Flyboy. And I LOVE your Bird by the way!

Kat

Hey Equil...Not sure what's going on here!

I've been regularly sending the Furry Sewer Rats out on Reconnaissance missions in the Lanai! When I was seeing the mice, I'd have to drag them back in (or at least scream at them from the crack in the door! haha) as they just wouldn't give it up. Well, they keep scouting and don't seem to be finding anything. I'm hoping that the massacre they performed on Sunday maybe chased everything away. Talked to my neighbor and suddenly he had them in his garage (maybe they moved!). We just had a bunch of overgrown lots mowed down around us...Do you think???

Taking baby steps...Am watering again (while standing on top of a table...haha!)

Kat

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Mowing those lots will surely help. Once we began the mowing around the cabin and kept it up for months most of the critters moved further into the fields and forrest.
We have used that snake away, or just try the mothballs if so desired and put them around the perimeter of your lovely home and perhaps that will deter some of the varmits.
Candee
Only other suggestion is the one Haigh used yesterday and that was dropping a rock on the head of a copperhead he saw in our driveway! At the cabin a pistol works well, but don't want to be shooting up our parking area!

Ummmm Candee In case the animal rights people might read this thread, you should probably say that you "accidently" dropped a rock on the snakes head! HA!

I'm wishing my Black snake would come back though...He is definitely the Lessor of two Evils. I hate Rodents.

My Guy did suggest bringing his gun over and shooting them...I'm like "are you nuts?" Yeah, let's just shoot holes in the pavers and pool-cage???? Men with their toys!!!! arrrrggghhh.

Actually, the reconniasance Yorkie team has been amazing...I'm thinking they really scared them off. Haven't seen anything and they're sniffing but acting pretty calm. I'm kind of back to normal right now and once again enjoying my paradise.

http://katg.phanfare.com/album/363864

This message was edited Aug 24, 2007 2:59 AM

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Flyboy, what a great sculpture. Did you make it?

Longboat Key, FL

MsMaati~

Would that I were so talented. My forte is collecting them.

Be well

: )

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

I would like to see some more. I like to make them, but mine are not aluminum. Most of them are steel. I have kept my favorite. The kids call it a rooster, I thought I was making an ostrich when I was making it, Oh well art is in the eye of the beholder, LOL.

Thumbnail by MsMaati
Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh, btw, he has not had a tracheotomy, that is one of my hoses that waters the caladium in the pot in front of him, just stuck it in there as a temp till I could figure a better way to support it. Makes the osterich look like he is hooked up to oxegon or something. :-)

Longboat Key, FL

He's beautiful!!

Here is my sentry -- he stands guard while we're away.

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Longboat Key, FL

And a clearer photo of BIRD.

Be well

: )

Thumbnail by flyboyFL
Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

KatG - I just happened across this post and have to say "thank you" for the great laughs. Well, I'm definitely NOT laughing at you, just with you! You see, I hate ticks as bad as you hate rats (I really don't like rats either). Anyway, I am REALLY tick phobic. My hubby was going through some heavy brush/woods last weekend looking for his R/C airplane that crashed. I told him he wasn't coming in until he completely checks himself for ticks (heeheee,,, have you heard that country song where the guy asks the girl if he can check her for ticks? I did NOT volunteer!). Welllll, no ticks over the weekend, but he didn't find his airplane either, so he went back today. Since he's working tonight, he took a shower and then jumped in bed for a quick nap. He woke up and I was on the computer while he was still lazing in bed and he found TWO ticks on him!!!!!! We checked the bedding really well, but I still don't think I can sleep in that bed tonight! Groannnnnnnnnnnnn!

Well, thanks again, and I hope your rats/mice are gone!

"cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
and I'd like to check you for ticks"

Hahahaha! Good old Brad Paisley!

Aren't those ticks, nasty little creatures Kelley? My little Yorkie had one in her head...arrrgggghhhhh! They are so gross! I really didn't know what to do but had read somewhere that if you rubbed the tick with alcohol it would relax enough to be able to pull it out. I used Gin and it worked.

I entirely understand what you're saying! Tickaphobia! The bad thing about ticks though...I personally know 2 people who have contracted Lyme disease and that's pretty serious stuff. One is pretty debilitated from it.

How comfortable is your sofa? I sure hope you'll be okay...

Well as far as the mice go...I had a slight reprieve last week and I was feeling really good. And then Saturday I let the dogs out and they were going crazy again. I seen the little creepy thing go scurrying!

The whole scenario get's much more interesting though...

I look over behind my lanai bar and see this rectangular thing sitting against the wall. I'm like...what is that? Turns out to be a set Rat-trap???? I actually had to propel my rodent petrified body back out a second time to actually confirm that I really seen this, as I thought I was loosing my mind. This was Saturday and as of today, I still have no idea who put this thing out there! I called everybody I could think of that might have done this - staff, neighbors...and they're like WHAT??? (I'm sure they're thinking that I've really lost it!). We left Saturday for a long weekend and came back today, and it's still a mystery! When we got back, my dear man checked it out and it was still set, but with no bait. The only person I haven't asked is my lawn guy...but he knows I've got two oversized-rat dogs and this trap would break their leg if they got caught in it! The only thing I can think of is that if it was him, he thought I was already gone last week? I don't know...I'm just dumbfounded...

Now how wierd is that???

The "Magic Rat Trap Fairy"???

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL KatG! It was probably your lawn guy! I know what you mean about the mystery though. Something like that just really freaks me out until I get to the bottom of it!

Well, I slept in the bed last night. I checked it over REALLY good though. Thankfully, there were just sheets on the bed and I didn't have to wash the comforter LOL! I was so tired that I dropped right off.

I had two rottweilers once and they were inside outside dogs. Well, the house next door sat empty for over three years and the backyard grew into a jungle. There were ticks a-plenty! The dogs got ticks and I didn't know it. Pretty soon the house was INFESTED with ticks. It took me a good six months WITH a professional pest company, to get those ticks outta my house. Needless to say, the poor puppers never came in the house again. The first time I noticed the ticks, they were crawling up my walls. I took my boys and went to my mom's to sleep. It just grossed me out so much. So that's the reason for my tickophobia! The one remaining dog (outside) and the two strictly indoor cats both get "frontlined" regularly now.

Do you keep any dog food or bird seed outside? What about fruit trees? I found that both attract rats and possums (we live in the City too!).

Still haven't figured things out about the rat-trap...but I can sure feel for you! My friend went through the same thing. Ticks all over the wall!!!! They were crazy about it, and I can understand why. They also got the Pro's in, and so far, so good! eeeeewwwww.

After living here for close to 30 years...I'm really careful about feeding the birds. I'll spread some seed down by the dock, but will not keep a bird feeder anywhere near the house. I have a little lime tree, but it's really far away. Nothing that they would like on the Screened lanai, but I think they ate a hole in the screen to get in. I cook a lot and my friends tell me that they probably just smelled things and wanted in! haha.

They're still out there as these Hunter-Yorkies are having a ball. When I can finally get them back in, they're wearing all kinds of plant adornment! Artillery fern earrings, blue daze veils???

It makes me kind of sad that I might have to renovate my now overgrown container garden, just to control the vermin!

Thumbnail by KatG

Love this little herb/flower planter and seen something scurrying behind it! Eeeeeewwwwwww!

Thumbnail by KatG
Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

Very nice! I like that planter too! Hopefully the little critters will decide dealing with the dogs is not worth it and skedaddle!!! I had roof rats ONCE! It was AWFUL. They can really climb! The pest company got rid of them quick but it was really freaking lying in bed at night and listening to them in the attic. I'm hoping that someone buys the house next door and removes the jungle from the backyard!

Arrrrggghhhhhhh...Roof Rats? Eeeeeyuuuuuccckkkk.

Finally got my pool screen replaced yesterday. Had to put in a whole new panel. I sent the Yorkie team out this morning and they didn't seem too concerned, so I'm thinking that the mice are gone! Well now, the little brat's (my dogs) have now scratched another hole in the other side of the cage???? They're convinced that there is something out there, (outside) and they're probably right. Still haven't found out who put the rat trap out!

Oh...that's pretty crappy Kelley...Can you call the County to do something about this? They just might be able to get the owners to cut things down.

North Hills, CA

Mice and rats don't allways come around for food.

When I lived at the Grand Canyon I had mice take the stuffing out of my furniture etc. to make their nests.

I worked nights and never saw the mice till I had a night off that I spent at home.
Once it got dark I started seeing several mice running around.

Next day I baught traps.Caught 18 mice in a row as fast as I could reset the traps.
Used cotton balls for bait on some and peanutbutter on others.
Only caught a couple on the peanutbutter.

It was during the winter,they wanted stuffing for their nests to keep warm.
It may be different in the summer,I don't know.

An exterminator told me mice etc. can get food anyplace,cotton etc. is harder for them to find-more attractive to them as bait.
You can allways put both in to be sure-make it into a mouse bed and breeakfast hotel.

The electric traps work great for my parents in Tahachapi.
You have to wash them every once in a while or they stop working.
I guess they smell like death after a while.Gotta get the smell out or the critters stay away.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

This thread has been a hoot to read. lol : )

I make my DH mow one neighbors field at least once a month. They never do it.
And the neighbor behind me (a junk collector) has an old shed that is a rat haven, and he mows about twice a year. The guy raises alot of dogs, and just leaves dog food laying around which draws them. I contacted the landlord about all the rats I saw on the roof of that shed and he said he would do something. But you know how that goes....

I better not see a rat over here, or all heck will break out. So far, so good.

~Lucy

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I too have enjoyed reading this thread. Sorry for all your rodent woes, still I have to thank you for the great read.

I only have two words to say. Centa and Pede (if I made it one word it would surely freak me out.) We all have out weeknesses. The Pede is mine.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL... smokemaster... they don't steal cotton here for beds and warmth, they steal little tiny fans to keep cool!!

KatG - What's the latest?

Lucy - Ewwwwwwww,,, I'd definitely stay on the County about that!! How good a shot are you?

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

LAKelley, I'm a pretty good shot, but I can't kill anything. I have to get my DH or son to do that sorta stuff, and then I don't wanna hear about it after it's done.

It even hurts me to put a shrimp or a worm on my hook when I fish. Too soft-hearted.
Well, I can kill aphids and stuff like that. I justify that because they are killing the plant, and it has feeling too. lol : )
~Lucy

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL Lucy! You're just too kind! The world needs more like you!

North Hills, CA

LaKelly,It was getting really bad.

I'd go to sit on the couch and get springs popping out of the couch,sticking into one of my favorite and most used parts of my body.

Maybe they needed the stuffing for sound proofing their nest under my bedroom-I've been known to snore from time to time.(I once snored a couple blackbears up a tree.They wouldn't come down till the sun came up the next morning.)

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

smokemaster - ROFLMAO!!!!

You all are just very hysterical!!! And that's a good thing as I really am just NUTS about what is going on!

Lala Jane!!!! OMG! I'm not even freaked out about the "pede's", but if I ever told you what happened to me one night, Nah...I'm not even going to tell you the story as you probably wouldn't be able to sleep again. Arrrrrggghhhh. They are very gross!

Lucy...I know how you feel about killing things...I'm the same way and take spiders outside. Mice and Rats? I don't want to see them dead on a trap, just get the he-- out of my space! LEAVE ME ALONE! There's plenty of room outside my pool cage!

LAKelly...would you believe I still haven't found out who put the Rat trap down???? The dogs waiver...One minute they're going crazy out there and the next they go and check things out and come right back???

Smokemaster! Thank you for the laughs...you are too funny and I'm sorry about the "springs" (smile)

I had an entire screen replaced on my pool cage and the next thing I know...the dogs are scratching away on the opposite side of the cage. There is no way that they can make a hole unless there is one there. My dear man patched the couple of small holes that were there and the next thing I know, there are about 6 more holes. These creepy things are chewing through the screen????

Tonight was the ultimate though...We went out for dinner and when we came home, I let the dogs out. My tough little 6 pounder was barking at something and wouldn't come in...So I thought...stay out! Hell, he's in the pool cage. Time went by and I kept calling him to come in...turns out, he was on the outside of the cage!!!! Obviously scratched his way out there. OH LORD...help me! hehe

Okay...you're probably going to laugh at this and it is kind of funny...but today, I actually paid for and downloaded a self-hypnosis cd on how to get over a RAT phobia! Listened to it once though and kind of felt relaxed...but need to repeat the process a few times! Apparently, I have superior intelligence over the RAT and the poor thing doesn't know I'm bigger than him!!!!

I also went to Walgreens tonight and ordered Oil of Peppermint. Been reading a lot about this (surprise, surprise) and they say that rodents hate the smell and are allergic. Going to soak a lot of cotton balls and spead them all over!

My poor garden...something I love so much is being neglected. Although, I've forced myself to get out and water as we've had no rain. Cowboy boots and a long t-shirt!

My guy is going to help me out tomorrow to get things cleaned up...I think he's finally realized how this is making me crazy as it's probably making his life miserable. I run two companies (one international) and I can't handle a field-mouse! Wheeeew! Something wrong with this picture!

I'm telling you...the mice thing came from my Mother! God Love her and rest her soul, but I remember her screaming at me to get away, when I was about 5, when my Dad brought in the Christmas tree. They're were a bunch of Baby mice in the branches! hahaha

Since then, I've been petrified. My husband and I lived in this weird little apartment over a variety store that had been abandoned by the occupant. Of course, he left everything (bread, chips, etc) and the mice were rampant. After they exhausted their food supply they started moving through the building. It was gross!

I started putting a pair of tall boots beside our bed and would actually shake them out before I put them on. One morning I woke up and walked out into the hall and 3 were nearly running over my feet...Eeeeeecccccchhhhhhhhh. Everytime we had company for dinner, there would be a mouse running running over the counter...nice.

We were going away at Easter for a trip and it was the perfect time to exterminate. They exterminated the entire building and when we got back I went into our "back room" and could smell something really bad! It was a storage room for us and I went through everything...Finally found this nice leather suitcase, that I had left a gorgeous silk shawl in. On the shawl was a disintegrating, oooozing mouse...

My Hubby got home and I was in such a state and he was also so fed-up...he took the shawl with the gross mouse and threw it out the back door! It was winter at the time and there was snow on the ground and it landed in the neighbors yard.

2 months later...I spotted the mouse-shawl on the neighbors clothesline! hahahahahaha.

North Hills, CA

So now the critters are going to have peppermint cottonball pillows to sleep on?

There going to be linning up in your backyard to get their den air fresheners.

No more stinky holes in the ground to live in,they'll all be minty fresh.

At least you'll be able to find where they hang out.
Follow your nose......

STOP THAT SMOKEMASTER! hehehe

Just because they've soundproofed themselves from your snoring...they're going to HATE my peppermint balls!

OMG...Can you see it? The vermin lining up for their air fresheners? I think a photo is required here..yikes!

Let me take you to my minty-fresh nest, you sweet little cotton ball...ignore the snoring!

Thumbnail by KatG
North Hills, CA

I know an exterminator who uses the live traps.
I once asked him what he did with the mice and rats that he caught.
He said he drops them off at the houses of the people that owe him money for past work he did for them.
For some reason he seems to get checks in the mail from deabeat customers needing his services once again.

They allways call him back.

The customers try other pest control people but they seem to never be able to get rid of the mice.

Only my freind can get rid of them-He doesn't have anyone restocking the place with new mice all the time......defeating his efforts to clear the place out.

Moral:
ALLWAYS PAY YOUR EXTERMINATOR WHAT YOU OWE THEM.

PS.I wonder if he knows if mice like mint scented pillows/air fresheners in their dens.
I'll have to ask him tomorrow.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2007 12:14 AM

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

KatG - Hmmmm, STILL don't know who placed the rat trap, huh? MAYBE...... just MAYBE.... ... you did it in your sleep?? Knowing how much you hate mice/rats... perhaps you went-a-huntin' in your dreams?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOl, these stories are too much. I had a bat in my belfry once that I karated with a racquetball paddle. Must admit the snakes were a problem but never any rats. Few mice at our cabin here and there but just bait traps with peanut butter and they are gone in the morn.

North Hills, CA

A way of getting mice out in the garden is to dig a hole the size of a 5 gal. bucket.
Put a bucket in the hole with 6 inches of water in it(more for rats etc.).
The mice fall in trying to get to the water and drown.
It worked for a buddy of mine in Lancaster.

Their garden was getting eaten up by mice till they put several water traps in it.

Only dowhside is that every once in a while a Raven would go in one to get the dead mice and get stuck.

Ravens don't drown in that little bit of water,but they get really pissed off and try and peck the heck out of you when you try and get them out.

Easiest thing to do was put a broom handle in the bucket and duck real quick.
They climb out looking for someone to attack.
Lottsa fun to watch from a distance.
My freind is a big guy but no match for an angry Raven with blood in it's eye.
One must have chased him around for 5 min. one time.
Chased everyone into the house.(It's hard to run when your laughing real hard while watching your freind get chased by a crazed bird).
It sat outside the house waiting for someone to come out for a couple hours after we went inside.
I think it was cussing at us and daring us to come out.The Raven was squawking up a storm.
Every once in a while after that they would be out feeding the horses or whatever and the Raven would come out of nowhere and dive bomb them.
It mostly only attacked my buddy,not anyone else.
For a while he would carry a tennis racket with him when he went outside.
That Raven got 2 of his baseball hats too.
It flew off with them when it attacked him a couple times.
He found one about a half mile away when he was hunting rabbits later on.
The hat was on the ground.

I was thinking.
Maybe that mystery mousetrap is a Trojun horse.
It's really a mouse maternity ward.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

ROFLMAO Smokemaster! For a minute there, I thought you typed "That Raven got two of his baseball BATS too"... I was really trying to figure out how that darn Raven could pick up a baseball bat! Then I re-read and realized you typed "hat". Duh at me, but it was funny!!!

North Hills, CA

Fly quietly and carry a big bat-quoth the Raven-nevermore.

Sorry Edgar....

Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven
[First published in 1845]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door
(with a basebal bat).
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -(with a baseball bat)
Only this baseball bat, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost baseball bat -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named baseball -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is a raven with a baseball bat, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there,a raven ,a baseball bat, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Louisville slugger!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Louisville slugger!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the baseball bat and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat with baseball bat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `louisville slugger.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `louisville slugger.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `louisville slugger.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "louisville-louisville slugger."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `louisville slugger.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, louisville slugger!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of baseball!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost louisville slugger!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named baseball -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named baseball?'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2007 1:09 AM

This message was edited Sep 11, 2007 9:04 PM

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

You're killin me!!!!!! How long did it take you to type that?! LOL

Hmmm, wondering if KatG got carried off by the mice!

Looks like you've been having some fun Smoke! haha...

Kelly..."I am actually surviving here" hahaha. You know what? 3 days have passed and "No Sightings"!!! I think Smoke might have touched on something - "Maternity Ward".
Maybe the Big Momma thought she found a quiet place to have the babies and then "flew the coop" with the brood after the dogs started terrorizing! There were little ones!

We sure went to town on that Rat-Lounge on Sunday. Spent about 8 hours cleaning up, relocating pots, trimming, weeding. Any vines touching the pool deck are gone...I transplanted a few vines outside also - just elimated a lot of cozy hiding spots. Didn't see a thing all day. Patched the holes in the pool cage and they seem intact. I started out in that cringing mode, but by the end of the day was feeling pretty good! My Guy is now doing an imitation of me picking up pots - I stand far away, bend at the waist and pick up fast and run! Smart-A__! Been sending the team out the past couple of days and nothing seems to be interesting them! I'm just hoping they're GONE!

Amazingly enough, I also think that crazy Hynosis program might have done me a little good???? Kept thinking about it when I was out there.

However, I came up with something else which I'm sure scared the Be-Jeeeeeeeeezus out of the little vermin! I didn't think they had the intelligence to read but I made a bunch of signs anyways and placed them in the container beds of the Lizard Lounge...

Do you think this might have been what did it????? I might have to move St. Francis outside the cage as being the Patron Saint of Nature and Animals, it could be what invited them in!

LOL!!!

Thumbnail by KatG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.