Let's see clumps!

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

Don't have a name for these. They don't multiply very fast.

Thumbnail by prettypeony
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I Google for blue-eyed blond and only saw it mentioned by an iris society. It is indeed rare now.
I am so jealous of you all. My irises were up and looking great then we had an unseasonably harsh cold front and they are leveled. Will they recover? We got to 15 degrees.
To add insult to injury, we are expecting another cold front tomorrow and Monday with SNOW! The contrast between our coastal areas and here in the mountains is amazing.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm so sorry woodspirit. I know that everyone in your part of the world is hard hit.

Lebanon, OR

Here is another clump. Sorry for all the lost due to the terrible weather

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

that one is a clump of Aureroa Sea

Here is another clump of Bourgeois

Lebanon, OR

Hope this is cheering up people

Clump of Pause

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes indeed, they are lovely sights and leave me hoping for the promise in my iris gardens. Do you suppose they will survive? That was awfully cold weather for plants that are not mulched.
Are any of the above irises rebloomers?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

While since we can show off other than bearded, here's Siberian Coronation Anthem, with and without cat.

Without--

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

And with--

Orange Peel--AKA--OP get out of those flowers.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

pollyk - lovely coronation anthem... with and without OP

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks! OP's my largest garden pest. Opened the garage door one day, middle of winter, 10 below, she came running in and never left, except to go in the garden, and pull leaves and flowers off my plants and run like crazy with them. But she's a sweet kitty.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Bourgeois is a new one on me, very beautiful. I love Blue-eyed blond. And the clump of Dutch Iris is very attractive and OP definitely adds to the picture. Thanks all of you for feeding my hunger for flowers especially iris. Spring is only just beginning here. It snowed day before yesterday.

Lebanon, OR

None of the ones I posted are re bloomers.

The iris should survive the extreme weather patterns of this year as they are very tough plants. Example my compost pile is starting to bloom!

You may loose most if not all the bloom this year! Just depends on how long this weather last, but then next year you will have wonderful bloom again....

If you are interested in Blue Eyed Blond, I have quite a bit of it and will trade for something I do not have.

D

Lebanon, OR

Another Clump Whydidi

Lebanon, OR

Clump of Flying Circus

Lebanon, OR

Clump of unknown blue and white JI

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Lovely, Dee. I do love Japanese Iris and just don't see it here. Thanks for posting it.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

New Dawning

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Loreley

Thumbnail by grannymarsh
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful photos irislover and grannymarsh.

Grandmarsh that Loreley is Loverly!! I like it.

Here is a Lightning Streak. This has become one of my new favorites.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

I don't take pictures of "clumps". Never thought I needed to. LOL But I am going to stick in a couple of my favorites.

This is Tide's In.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram

And this is Snow Cloud.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Lebanon, OR

For the business mine are always singles but for the cover and speaking I use both...

It is fun to see both.

Denise

This is almost a clump, but the tag has been lost.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is Cocoa Pink again in clump form. I think it is pretty showy!

Thumbnail by pardalinum
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Diane - that's why I thought that it would be good to have clump photos. It says so much about the plant habits of the iris.

Beautiful, all of them.

I'm noticing that this thread is getting long though so I'm going to start a new one.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/713593/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.