Let's see clumps!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Innocent Star

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Roz - an IB

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Dusky Challenger - this is cheating. It's from last year. Dusky Challenger is very late.

Thumbnail by doss
Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

Those are beautiful, I am just dreaming of the day mine will clump.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

How pretty the only thing clumping around here is the snow I'm so glad I cut a big bunch of daffs last night there all toast now I could just cry but its not as bad as some have it so I'm thankful
Gloria

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Great thread. Here is 'Mariposa Autumn'

It is what I call a beginner clump.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug

This 'Persian Berry.' I love this plant. This is a clump from two rhizomes I planted last year.

And I am going to cheat on this one too. This is a clump of 'Bethany Claire.' I divided it last year so I know it won't look anything like it this year.

'Jurassic Park'

This one is just getting started for the year

'Dime Spot' (This one is cheating too as it was divided last year and probably won't look like this either).

Lebanon, OR

Clump of Bourgious

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It's not cheating to put up last years clump. Iris are difficult because just as they get to be their best they need to be pulled up and divided. It's fun to see Persian Berry. It sulked at my house so I sent it to someone else. I love to see clumps and we usually show only single flowers! I love a bicolor clump especially and Denise - the color of that Bourgious with the blue beards is just stunning.

ANd hang in there Diam... Yours will get there faster than you think.
Here's one of the iris gardens right now.

Thumbnail by doss
Lebanon, OR

Here is another clump shot...This is Awake by Barry Blyth Australia

Lebanon, OR

Another clump of WHYDIDI

Very nice. I have been trying to take more clump pictures. At the beginning of the season this year, I vowed to get more wide shots and more shots of different iris/plants together.

dorothy - is the red one in your last picture Lady Friend? It is gorgeous.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I love seeing the clumps!

Because I am putting all my iris into mixed beds, seeing the clumps is as nice or nicer than seeing the individual flower.

Please keep the pics coming.

Lebanon, OR

Another clump

This is unknown JI

Lebanon, OR

Clump of Broadshoulders

Lebanon, OR

Clump of Coral Point

Lebanon, OR

Clump of Fall Fiesta

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Boy, dee -you have clumps and then clumps. It must be fabulous at your house when the fields are blooming.

And good eye Texas. That is indeed Lady Friend.

Thumbnail by doss
Lebanon, OR

Yes, it is wonderful to wake up every morning and go for a tour of the garden and see what is new out there and then take more pictures.

The medians have really just begun to bloom big time...still a long ways from peak on them.

D

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

These are my heirlooms, no idea what their name is...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Very pretty Janet - love the white beards.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, since you said it wasn't cheating to put up last years clumps, here is a clump of another noid red...lol

Thumbnail by JanetS

Oooooo that is a gorgeous red!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are my Silverado...they are always spectacular!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it is beautiful! Wanda has been trying to help me id this one, and I think we figured out something it could be, but I will have to check and see what we decided...I am terrible about remembering these things! I love the color though....

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow Janet - look at all of those buds on your Silverado. Glad that you're cheating!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, they are always loaded with blooms and their bloom time is usually several weeks as well....here is one where more are opened...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is Caesar's Brother...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Are Caesar's Brother siberians?

Peachland B.C., BC(Zone 5a)

OH!!!!!!!! please keep the pictures coming. The snow has just left my iris beds, so I am about 2 months away from seeing any blooms. I will feed my habit off every ones lovely pictures. Thanks

Lynn

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, they are Sibs! Here is another picture of some older ones I don't have their name either...a friend of mine got them from her mother's home in Alabama..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is a batch of Roz and Delirium together.

Thumbnail by doss
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Both are beautiful! Which one is which?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Roz is the yellow one and delirium is the one with purple falls. They are both IB's. The two of them together was just good luck. Both are very free flowering and good increasers.

Pretty antiques Janet.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Doss, I wish I knew their names..maybe one day I will try to do the research and see what I have...lol

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

That's next to impossible Janet, just name them after whoever gave them to you and ENJOY!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, most of them are just called "Connie's Mom's" LOL Or Aunt Myrtle's Iris....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.