Strazzberry strawberries

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5b)

Okay. I was seduced by Stark Bros. catalog description of Strazzberry strawberries. They say they [the beries] taste like raspberries. Well. So, has anyone tasted these paragons? Do they grow well in your area? [I live in zone 5a, NW Pennsylvania] It's too late for me. They've arrived and are waking up in my garden......AAaaaaugh!

-Brian

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I've got strawberries and raspberries. I think that I want my strawberries to taste like ....strawberries LOL

So, no help here.

Greensburg, PA

Brian, A few years back I bought some plants from another company (and, sadly, disreputable) before finding Dave's. The plants arrived rotten, so no help here either.

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

I bought into the strazzberries - they taste exactly like strawberries.

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5b)

...But GOOD strawberries?

Thanks,

Brian

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

No complaints about the strazzberries as strawberries, but that's all they are.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

HI there-
I realize this thread is old, but wanted to revive the strazzberry subject.

I bought some from Starkbros, too. I lost a few, and today, was googling to search for more to buy, since Starkbros does not list them, now.

I have three plants left from my purchase many years ago, and love them. I have quite alkaline soil,not acidic, so most tart fruits end up tasting bland in my alkaline soil.

The strazzberries are still tart, and I guess that is why I like them. Also, they are kinda small, like a raspberry, instead of large like a strawberry, but still like them.

Brian-did you ever come to an opinion of these?
-T

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5b)

Yes! They bore well and had very nice flavor. This is just their first year. They are large rangey plants. Didn't taste like raspberries at all, but were good. Can't imagine what Stark Bros was thinking. Glad they're good for you too! Yours, Brian

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.