Everyone been outside?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

pepsi sorry to heare that SO FAR its not snowing here. I am so ready for the sun myself!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its sunny and mild here today and im heading out side to play in the dirt!

the helicopters are doing the mosquito thing and buzzing all over-woke me up!
It looks like the cold days are behind us and we are going to find spring right around the corner

I got my environmental packet from the tree sale-I ended up buy 55 extra spruce trees
so I have lots of holes to dig today! 50norway and 5 blue spruce!

Have a FUN time today
dori

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It is a beautiful day today. The north wind is very chilly. Unfortunately, I did not sleep well last night, so today I will be relaxing. The medicine the doctor gave me for an ear infection I think is causing insomnia. I'm probably going to have to take something different. I wish it were about l0 degrees warmer and no wind.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Sunny and nice here, but I was stuck inside enteraining family. But tomorow looks to be nice, so I plan on spending it outside~~ Next week ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS (so says the weatherman!!) We still have snow piles around - I thought they would melt away today!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Holy Cow am i beat!
We planted all the trees- i dug most of the holes while Dh planted the seedlings(trees ha ha) I potted some of my packet seedlings in the Gh!
I tilled a row for the peas and DH planted them and then i tilled a spot for all the lilies I have
received so far this spring!
Then I went and tilled some of the garden lots more to go yet!

I sure hope the wind is out of the south tomorrow, it was chilly at times
I luv getting up at daybreak before the wind picks up-the birds chirping!
But tomorrow- i may just sleep in ;)

Have a great nite- im off to snuggle up with my grinch doll!

I'm up and the sunrise is glorious - get your hinney outta bed Dori and get working!! Would you believe we still have snow piles out in the yard!! I bet today they will be history. Nothing in my greenhouse yet....still to cold. Maybe tomorrow

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Sun is up and winds from the North-west-darn!
Im going to work in the gh and then till later when it warms up a tad
This weekend looks warm n wonderful!

We had some snow piles the other day-but i think they are all gone now!
I have been adding night heat in my GH for the few plants i have gotten in the
mail-the ones i dug from the garden are all fine and growing good!!

well im off to start my day.........la la laaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey guys is that the sun I see???errr what???No winds either..hope all can see it and work in your gardens...remember to get those weeds pulled!!!;o)

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Heheh..yes the sun is shining here..too...but it is not weeds that need pulling..it is winter clean up..hahah..we have so many trees...we still have leaves everywhere...Tree's are great..but you have to work..with the leaves...lol...take care all enjoy your day..

smiles..Diana (Rockie 1) for Dem (Rockie 3) lol

Hey there Rockie 1..glad to see you got sun too...I almost forgot what it looked like..I just hope the next time you stop over....you'll see flowers not dead stuff..she says shaking her head...

I can't wait till we have our picnic at your *ROCK*..LOL...We'll have fun and get pictures to make you smile more..:o)))

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Haha...yes...picnic..coming up...here is the rock...come to visit.lol...the plaque need cleaning..hehehe..think I should bring some cleaner...haha....smiles..Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

That was the plaque..hahah...and this is the famous "Rock"

Diana

LOL....Yesss thats it...but ya know why its smaller they had to cut off the bottom...Now all that dead looking stuff is green..lotsa weeds too...so I guess we'll do some weeding too....I'll put some seeds around it once it warms up..over by the creek I throw cleome seeds once they sprout they always steal them..but I have lots more..they can take ALL they want...

The Brug you gave me is doing great..so is the geranium...its such a pretty color...

Keep smiling Rockey...thats good for us!!!

Clouds rolled in here...waaaaa and it is cold out now.. WILL THIS EVER END?

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey, what is with the Rock? I must have missed something Di.

I'm so excited about the warm weather finally getting here! Trenton is having it's City Wide Garage Sale this weekend and I'm not working. My daughter wants to go and my sister is driving in, so it will be the 3 of us.

I hope i get a chance to get into the garden too. :o)

hemlady, hope your feeling better.
toofew

Sun is out- I'm heading outside to work!! Yahoo- did ya hear about the weekend weather...of course I'm going to Detroit on Sun....so no gardening for a couple of days - darn

I'm going to the Trenton sales too...I go every year..I'll be wearing my Daves Garden shirt...Maybe we'll run into each other...The rock is on Riverdrive off of Goddard in L.P.....Diana can tell you the story on that...It's really cute....

Beautiful day here sun is out and everything is looking nice and green...Soooo are the weeds tho!!:o(

Toofew....Do you ever go to the Wyandotte City Wide Sales???Theres a lady off of Vinewood and 23rd that sells plants every year..cheap too!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

heheh...The Rock...well when I was growing up..(long time ago)...we lived on Emmons...in Wyandotte...and Us kids would walk down Emmons..on the Lincoln Park side..and have picnics on a rock that was there..there was not any houses there at the time..hehe..we did it a lot..haha...took table cloth and all..and did our dance around it..haha..so funny...well...houses were built there..and they moved the rock..to a new spot..and Dem...stopped and ask, about where it went..she picked the perfect person to ask too...Hahah...got where it was...very close to Emmons..but it does have a new home..So our plans...heheh Dem..me and hubby will be to have our little picnic one of these days...A couple of weeks ago..we were near it and I took a picture...it is on another thread..could not find it..hahaha...but here in the Michigan forum... Joke....new nick for me...hahah..between Dem...and us..I am Rockie 1.....dh is Rockie 2....and Dem...is Rockie 3..hahaha..silly...but fun..This is a picture of our house my dad built on Emmons He built it for a total of 5,000...course that was 1938....but..hahaha....waving....smiles..Diana

I gotta go that way today....I'll wave at your house as I go by..LOL...I'll go by the rock too and throw some seeds...I was raised on Moran in L.P. our home was built in 1949 was custom built and the cost was only $ 8,000....my brother lives there now..

Keep smiling Rockie 1....errr go pick your weeds!!:o)))

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I was outside on the 24th here in plainwell all day and the weather was beautiful. Now for the last two days its been really rainy and chilly not to bad just so you couldnt really plant anything. boo hoo. Oh well thats spring in our beautiful state of Michigan. I really do enjoy the four seasons here.

Raining cats and dogs here too - and cold!! But you can see the lawns green up even more and grow! I think by this weekend we'll have to mow! I wish I had gotten out and put down some 10-10-10 in the gardens. Oh well...

I visited a little local greenhouse and they had starter perennials for $1.39 - how can you pass that up!! I came home with several

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I spent the whole day out side today, I got all my Morning Glories transplanted to bigger pots now, was going to do the tomatos but ran out of time. It is getting ready to storm here. so I may have to do them in the house tomorrow :(

Dori here is a picture of the ones I don't know what they are. The one I thought was corn (lol) hubby says is a yellow pinkish Lily, and just think I tried to pull one up and broke it :(

and a few others that are blooming. & Kens garden toys :o)

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

pepsi, the first picture looks like my Monarda, and yep, the second picture is of astilbe.
Nice pics.
toofew

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

beautiful pictures pepsidrinker. dont you love the spring? yes that does look like an astelbi coming up. it look like your lily is doing well. the other two im not sure they kinda look like catnip??? not sure. but boy do i like the garden toys. i got all of mine out the other day. now the gardens look alive again. Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.