Everyone been outside?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i know i have and luving it!!! I am digging and potting perennials like they are going out of style now that
I got my DIRT at hortmark! I have really enjoyed the last few days of warmth!
The boys are on spring break and the weather is going to get cold mid week-NOT fair!!!

Im heading out again here in a few minutes to start digging!!! I have some spring bulbs blooming :)
oh and a hellebores for the first time!!

have fun today-cuz the cold weather cometh! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thumbnail by notmartha
Kalamazoo, MI

Did anyone see the double rainbow yesterday evening? Somewhere around 7:30 or 8:00 my DH called me to the window saying, "A double one!" I went outside and sent him to the neighbors'. The husband had never seen a double rainbow before. The wife hugged my husband. We all just stood and watched it until it faded away. Gorgeous.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We better enjoy today and tomorrow because come Wednesday, winter is back.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I finally managed to plant all the lilies I got in the co-ops. And they have their name tags done too! Been too busy with working and helping my Dad. Now it will be cold. :o(

I need to go and divide a bunch of daylilies!!!
sharon

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Sharon...do you think its safe for me to plant my bulbs now too???I did pot up a bunch but have them under lights in my basement...What about the stargazer lilies???...TIA...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I didn't get my lilies planted this week, Im going to wait till after the cold snap now.
Mine are still in the box they came in sitting in my bedroom-still just dreamz of being flowers!

I don't see the rainbows-darn!!!

I have been dividing and digging the past 2 days. I have a wagon load yet to pot today-Just have to get in my boat and paddle out there!! Raining cats and dogz here all morning! :(
rackemfrakem rain and then snow.

I did divide some daylilies the other day since i had a trade to dig!
I'm telling you its the perfect time to move just about anything in the garden or yard!
I have moved a rose bush and dug so many plants, started cuttings of dappled willow. Its
really muddy now(hampers the ol girl)but the time is right and as soon as the cold snap is all done I will be right back out there digging. If i would have had my new tines last week I would have tilled the daylily and iris beds for sure.

Connie you get well quickly so when the cold snap is over you will be snapping
out of your PEE-monia!!! praying u recover quick!! :)

Where is everyone?

Oh ya my Mainecoon kittie is going to have babies sometime this month! :)
shes getting chubby!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Raining cats dogs and ducks here My only day off this week and I can only sit here and look at pots and boxes of plants that need to go in the ground maybe it will stop after while hope hope hope
G.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Rained this morning a bunch, but then turned frightfully warm!!!! Went out and worked for a while, then came in to listen to the weather report - yup...still snow coming!!!

Everything is growing by leaps and bounds. Wonder what the frgid weather will do to it all...waaah

This entire weather front makes me absolutely sick....

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Just out walking my dog B.J. (sheltie) its not so cold out as it was this afternoon I have my fingers crossed even my dianthus is blooming!!! And I do have hostas poking there little heads out
Gloria

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Turning cold tonight with day time highs only in the 30's (& below freezing at night) thru this weekend. Bu-hu-huuu. ;(

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Its thundering and lightning here now lots of rain.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Dori, I did manage to get outside for just a little bit yesterday, with the threat of these temps going into the 20s the rest of this week, I covered some of the flowers with leaves and mulch that were sprouting. Had to take it slow and lay down in between, but got them all covered except my late dutch honeysuckle, my cousin told me that the blooms that are on it may die from the frost but that it will come back once warmer weather gets here, I did get to get a few clippings and stuck them in a pot here in the house. so hopefully they will grow.

The wind is really kicking its heals up out there this morning and its cold again :( The warm weather we have had, was really nice and I am really looking forward to it getting here and staying for a while.

You all have a great day and stay warm,

Connie

What a wild night it has been! I drove home from DIL home about 10:00pm and could hardly stay on the road. It was raining so hard I could barely see where I was going and the wind was roaring.

This morning the rain has stopped, but the winds are still gale force. How in the world am I going to get sheets out to cover some things with the wind at this speed? My hydrangeas are going to be covered, but that's about all I can do.

UGH...

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Yep, I've been outside this morning. Some ice on the porch, cleaned the snow off the car before going to work. Got to love Spring. LOL

Really, it makes life interesting doesn't it. :o)

sharon

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

UGH!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I poked my head out this morning just long enough to snap a picture.

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

We are covered over again...dear me..hope it warms up today and melts that darn white stuff away..lol...Have a good day all...Blue Sky...is nice...

Soon...sending Smiles..

Diana

I'm so ticked at this rotten weather that I am having a hard time being pleasant. Going back to bed and waking up in a week when things are supposed to be better.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Sharon, you had snow in Trenton? We have nothing where I am. Had a few snowflakes but nothing stayed.

Cindy

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Same here just a dusting...but we sure are having lots of wind!!:o(

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It is snowing here in Au Gres. There is a dusting on the ground. It's COLD and windy. I think it was 20 degrees when I woke up this morning. The forecast says it won't get out of the 30's till after the weekend. Good thing my grandbaby is too little for an outside Easter egg hunt. I'll hide some plastic eggs in the house and let her crawl around and 'discover' them.

I planted 114 asparagus plants last week and many were already sprouting. The crowns were covered with soil. They came from Missouri. I sure hope this cold snap doesn't do them in. At least they got a good drink with the rain the other day. I'll be sorely disappointed if I lose all those plants but they couldn't be held over. They needed to get in the ground or they would die anyway.

Hope everyone has a good book to read or something to do inside since it doesn't look like we'll be doing much outdoors in this mess. We're all getting over colds here so it's just as well.

My daffodils are fixing to bloom too. Darnit. I bet they'll be OK though. They are pretty tough.

Everyone...........THINK SPRING AND WARM WEATHER!!!

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Snow here and still snowing!
I see we will be out of this by Monday or Tuesday!
Thats what i keep focusing on! ;)

The grand babies are coming over in a hr. I spent the morning
in daves chat yaking and watching the snow fall!

Going to have to get busy now, be back when i have more time
stay warm everyone
dori

Thumbnail by notmartha
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

That's not snow, it's just a heavy frost. :-0

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Cindy, guess I live closer to Connie than to you when it comes to snow. :o)
I really live in Woodhaven, but use the Trenton zipcode.
I drove 2 miles north into Trenton to pick up the woman I carpool with, and there wasn't any snow there.

We had about a quarter of an inch of snow.

sharon

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That's weird Sharon. You live farther south and got the snow and we didn't. I have been reading some posts in the daylily forum and it looks like a lot of states have the same weather as we do. Only thing is, they are going to loose their fruit crops because the fruit trees are blooming and not the freeze will probably kill any chances of them getting fruit this year. That is a shame.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

They have said this cold may last through next week now-its just sitting over Michigan and spinning that cold north air around us!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The apricots always bloom early here and then a May frost get em! Im hoping since we have this cold snap now that it will not happen again in May and that we will have a bumper crop of fruit this summer.
It snowed all day yesterday, but most of what was on the ground has melted :)
I cant wait for this to all go away!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Ditto Dori, I can't wait either, I am really looking forward to not being cooped up, can't wait to get my gardens going :o) Then to sit back and watch it all come in... You know, since I took an interest in gardening last year, my whole world has changed, I just wish DH shared the excitement with me, his mother would have loved it and I know if she were here she would be out there with me planting everything when the time comes, She had a yard the neighbors envied. My mom would have loved it too but not able to have worked in it, but she sure would have come over to enjoy seeing everything grow...

Cold weather go away, sun shining skies come forth lol, One can wish and hope can't they ? lol :o)

Connie

Weather report was just on here== they are saying another STORM coming next Tues. I'm going to bed and not getting up for two weeks.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Wow the sun was out yesterday and so was I.
I watered the GH plants and then sprayed a bunch of roundup on quack grass and weeds
and even some plants i wanted to get rid of.

The shipments of spring arrivals are starting to trickle in. I got my tango lilies for dutch gardens-they are already trying to grow!! I think i may start a holding row for lilies and things im not ready to put in the garden, becuz i want to redo a bunch of the gardens this yr
oh if i were triplets!!!

I got my eflowergarden order and wish i had ordered more! (i always do that)
The plants were wonderful as the person that sells them :)
this pic is the purple tree peonys i got!

We are under a winter storm warning here-im trying to ignore this and the part about more storms this weekend!! But looking to the extended forecast-50s!
Today i plan to veg out on the couch and watch movies! FREE HBO!

stay warm and may the snow miss us ALL!

Thumbnail by notmartha
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well thanks for the wish, but it is snowing like crazy here, and I just heard thunder, so the rain cometh :( and our grounds were finally drying out and getting solid again. geesh Come on warm weather, boot this cold in the butt and get here.

Connie

Grass/roads are all snowcovered....sideways snow and winds gale force. Talking of closing school tomorrow....I'm going to shut all thte shades and crank on some beebop music....this is awful!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

The snow just started here and thats a hr earlier than they said at noon! :(
Going to go watch movies and close curtains!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

The wind and the rain has started here and it just looks awful and sounds soooo cold (brrrrrr) Staying in and hybernating til all this is over...

Our power went out...thank goodness for batteries on the computer!! I was making a pork roast in the crock pot. Put a pan on the woodstove and it is cooking on there. Now I need to get creative about some type of potato. I feel like a pioneer woman!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh sue(laura ingles) you poor thing
I hope they get it back on fast. Im so glad we got that generator the last power
outage. I have enough wet basement without the sumppump not working!
Good luck woman

The ground is completely covered already and its wet and coming down in sheets of wet white snow and the winds are really blowing hard Its a spring blizzard!

Man what a mess out-drive safe if you have to go out
stay warm if your inside and remember we are almost done with this CRAP
until nest ..........aug? sep? oct? nov?

I was just crabbing to DH about a generator. He talks about getting one, goes to check them out, but never forks over the cashola...I may have to take on the 'generator shopping' for him!

I always loved those "Little House" books!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Well all we have here is slap...snow...and now it is raining...33..so brr...can't see much wind though...No fun at all..My seeds will be ready for the cold frame soon...but it is still too cold.sooooooo?Can't put them out there yet..for sure...think spring everyone...one that will stay...lol......waving from. the.south.....(Michigan)...ekkkkkkk...that is....

smiles..Diana

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

JIMMINY !!! I'm home from work and took the dog for his walk and I'm staying right here in the house till I have to go to work tomarrow I tell you I can hardly wait till then (thats a lie) think nice warm spring thoughts every one

Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's after midnight and I can't sleep. Our power is out. Thank God for my stand-by generator! We lose power all the time here it seems. We've had it all..........snow, sleet, rain, wind ........ the whole shee-bang. I heard the weatherman on the radio say that it is going to stay pretty cold for the entire month of April. I sure hope he's wrong. I worry about my poor asparagus I just planted and the berry bushes. I hope they come through all this. I'd hate to have to buy them all over again.

Dori, I love the tree peony you got. It looks so healthy and ready to go in the ground! I transplanted mine when we moved up here but it is still trying to settle in. I saw a new shoot coming up from the bottom the other day so I know it's not dead anyway. Good thing since I paid a fortune for it. I've heard they really don't like to get moved but I was moving and if I move so do my flowers. Ha!!

The way this spring has been going I'm not planning on planting out any annuals or anything till at least Memorial weekend. I'm not fond of late frosts and running out to cover everything up. I won't be in a hurry this year that's for sure.

Hope everyone is doing OK and stay inside and snug and warm.

Brenda

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well happy April 14th, it's snowing and its suppose to do this all night long :( There are some big big flakes too. I sure hope this is going to be the end of the white stuff, I am really ready for some nice warm HOT sun lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.