This is April Bingo :)

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Hello all you AV folks! It's April Bingo time starting Sunday, April 1st and I'm not joking :) Because of my personal paranoia I'm going to paste a snip from the other thread so you know where I'm coming from:

I haven't seen any bugs on my plants even using a loupe but as we all know this doesn't guarantee the plant is 100% bug free. I am not the world's best isolater and I bring cut flowers in from my garden all summer. SO what I am saying is please understand the risk you may be taking by not isolating your winning plants. Also, you may want leaves instead of the starter plants which I will happily substitute (leaves being easier to clear of potential problems). If neither of these options feel safe enough for you, then you may want to sit this bingo out until there is a gift certificate bingo *warm smile, not snotty grimace*

On to the game. I propose an old fashioned (meaning last year) type of Bingo. I will list all the varieties I have to give, noting any info I have on them. (I have a lot of starter plants just ripe for shipping) You (meaning bingo player) pick your favorite 15 for your bingo card. If you win bingo, you win a box with all 15 of the plants and/or leaves you wanted. Cool, huh?

Winner pays all shipping and fees (I'm nice but kinda poor)!

Thumbnail by PlantiMcPlanter
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

This box is to keep track of the calls. I'll post them in the thread and put them on this list, too....Good Luck everybody!

4/1 -- Black Jewel
Optimara Asteroid
Rambling Lace

4/2 -- Angel Tears Trailer
Optimara Little Blackfoot Girl

4/3 -- Cambridge Missy
Mac's Carnival Clown

4/4 -- Optimara Little Creek Girl

4/5 -- Rob's Lilli Pilli Trailer
Emilie Savage

4/6-- Apache Watercolor!
Arapahoe

This message was edited Apr 6, 2007 7:24 PM

North Augusta, ON

(sigh)...I wonder if my aunt in California would sneak some over when she comes up this fall.....lolol.......wonderful prize...get your cards in folks, it's gonna be a blast!!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Patiantly(well........not really LOL) waiting for the game to begin!!! Good luck everybody!!

Debbie

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

I couldn't sleep for some reason, so here I am looking already. I need to get a grip!!

Diane

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

You're not the only one looking and not sleeping, Diane! LOL

Lana

Good morning, Lana.

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

ok girls are you trying to get a head start.guess were all ready to play.good luck to everyone

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I'm getting ready to watch a mare foal online http://www.moolahranch.com/camchat.htm Camera 1

I tried that link to watch the foal being born, but it did not work. Bummer! What a nice way to spend the hours you aren't sleeping.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Sorry, it was just born :~( A very pretty paint foal.

Lana

How cool. They do have beauties posted on their website.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Open, Open, Open.................:o)

hehehehehehehehe

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I still haven't gone to bed! :~)

Lana

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Girls, girls, when DO you sleep??? I coudn't stay awake if I had to!!! (LOL)

I went back to bed at 5 or so and slept well until just before 8. I have been doing that a lot lately--and I hate it. I just want to sleep like normal people do, whatever that is. Anyway.................on to a west coast person doing the calls...........hope she doesn't sleep late.........LOL

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Well good morning everyone! Looks like everyone is ready to go LOL

Let's start off with Black Jewel and Optimara Asteroid... a couple of beauties. The Asteroid is in bloom so I'm going to post a picture of it after I find my missing USB cable....

Here we go!

North Augusta, ON

And weeeeeeee're off!!!!!!

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm not off to a good start. Have neither.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

hip hip hooray!!! I have Optimara Asteroid

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I have Black Jewel! I went to sleep about 8 and now I'm back!! LOL

Lana

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Well, here is something weird. I went to search for a picture of my "optimara asteroid" and came up with nothing. There is an Ultra Violet Asteroid that does not look like my plant. I'm begging my husband to help me find that usb cable so I can show you a picture of the plant I have marked "optimara Asteroid". Sheesh....

I've got fibromyalgia and I get pretty spaced out at times so I never know what I will do next! LOL Take it from me, whatever this plant really is, it's lovely. Bi-color white with pink and a little ruffled edge. And it's an easy grower.

Black Jewel is a mini. It has pink, cream and green variagation on the leaves; the kind that is striking around the crown, turning full green on the mature leaves. I"ve forgotten what that kind of variagation is called. Anyone??

(Zone 1)

I just remembered to check the thread! Forgot today is April 1st .... HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY ALL!

Yipee ... I'm off to a good start, I have O. Asteroid too!

Ooooh .... wish I had put Black Jewel on my list ... sounds soooo pretty!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I never could find a pic of O. Asteroid either, Jacki. Which is why I didn't pic it as one of my choices. I was tempted, with a name like that it had to be beautiful!

Lana

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I didn't even look to see what they look like when I made my list!!!!! they all sound yummy to me...

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

i didn,t have either one

I was like Lana and couldn't find a picture, so took it back off my list. Oh well, I had Black Jewel and that's a good thing.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I totally forgot the game was starting today.Good thing I checked : ) Good Luck Everyone!!
Nancy

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone~

I found a picture of the plant I've known as Optimara Asteroid...Maybe someone with First Class Program can help solve the mystery?

But I gotta say, it's a beauty no matter what we call it :)

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

And here is a picture of one of my Black Jewel's...will it be yours???

We can all say thank you to my great husband, Kevin, for finding the usb cable for my camera!!

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

Crap! I should have put that one on my list for sure! I'm gonna go pout now!

Melissa

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Woo Hoo! I have both!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Melissa : -o

Oh I love both of those Planti.Really like the foliage on Black Jewel : ))
P.S.Three Cheers To Kevin for finding the usb cable so we could see those beauties!!
Nancy

Edited to add : I have both too... Off to a good start : )

This message was edited Apr 1, 2007 8:30 PM

(Zone 1)

Thank You Kevin!

Love both of those AV's ... I have Asteroid on my card, but not Black Jewel and I WANT that one!!!!! Dang! Dang! Dang! Why didn't I put it on my card?!

Lin

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Okay Melissa...since you made me laugh I decided we'd better do just one more call tonight. Hope you have it:
Rambling Lace

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I really like the Black Jewel and that's the one on my list :~) Thanks, Kevin! And Jacki of course!!!

Lana

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL!! You are a great group...very entertaining! I tried to take a picture of my little Rambling Lace plants but they came out rotten and I'm too tired to try again.

More tomorrow...everyone have a good night :)

Jacki

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

Wow what get calls! Love the photos and I have all 3 on my card!

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

Well I'll be!! Thanks Planti I have that one...

Thank you, Kevin.

I have Rambling Lace. Moving right along.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.