Spring is here... what projects are you working on?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm still in Spring clean up mode in the garden. I turned my two big compost piles today - ugh - my back is going to be a mess by tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll bring back another load of horse manure from the farm; I'm making potting soil and intend to use the composted manure for that. I've got a 6 cu. yd. load of leaf mould being delivered next Friday. That means more back pain for me once I get it moved and put down on all the beds... extra visits to the chiropractor are in store for me.

I'll plant beets, spinach, and salad greens tomorrow, but it's still too early for most veg' - we're still getting frosts. I have a fig tree that I want to plant, but I probably need to wait a few more weeks to be safe.

Pagan, how's that round pen coming along?

This thread has 283 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!