Spring GH pics

Fulton, MO

Does anyone have pics to share?

Heliconia Dwarf Jamaican

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Odontonema callistachyum

This one tends to flop, and I haven't figured out exactly how to manage that yet.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Ohiojay might like this, it is blooms on Syzygium australe

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Lemon guava, just almost ripe

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Strawberry guava, getting there...

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Hylocereus guatamalensis 'American Beauty'

Magenta fleshed dragonfruit, just planted today.

I was able to tease free a second rooted piece. It is potted up and available for a good trade.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Hibiscus acetosella, Red Salad Hibiscus. Stunning flower.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Lastly Dichorisandra pendula, Weeping Blue Ginger.

In my limited experience with this and Dichorisandra thyrsiflora, the Weeping Blue Ginger is earlier to bloom, more pest resistant, less lanky, and just a better plant.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

WOW on the hibiscus! I'll have to pass that one along at work. Outside, ours didn't have a chance to flower, and now I can see just how unfortunate that was, heh. =P

Gonna have to root around and see if there were any leftover seeds. I don't think I planted the entire packet. =)

Great pics, man! Thanks!

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I have lots of Bromeliads flowering which I posted in the Bromeliads forum http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/707789/

Dave.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Is the Hylocereus guatamalensis 'American Beauty' the plant I thought was Hylocereus Undatus ( not sure I spelled that right)?

The plants you shared with me are all doing well ... Just need to figure out where to put them. Thanks again.

Fulton, MO

Hi KathyJo,

The 'American Beauty' is new. You were correct on H. undatus.

And thanks for the nuts!

This message was edited Apr 2, 2007 8:37 PM

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

A collage of what is blooming now in my GH. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
West Bridgewater, MA

Stressbaby,

Really nice work, I especially feel kin to your Red Hibiscus...

Beautiful, talented boy.

Keywest

Fulton, MO

Thanks, Keywest. Bbrookrd, you have some nice shots, there!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Stressbaby, I love the leaf color and form on that Hibiscus acetosella, Red Salad Hibiscus which I will have to search for. It is now in my wanted Journal .. I have seen pink ones with the burgundy foliage, but never a flower in your color.

digital_dave Your Bromeliads are stunning. I have never grown those. I just ordered a mess of Epiphylums from MARK PIETTE EPI as I have an old pink and white one that thrills us every year. So I thought it was time to branch out as they seem to do so well in our cold GH. I had no idea of the number of varieties. A new Obsession could be lurking .

DH and I took a trip a few weeks back to Loggee's and added some nice plants including a hibiscus, The Path and a couple of baby Clivia golden dragon to our GH collection. They will take a few years to bloom, but at least now I have taken them out of my Wanted Journal. Patti

Fulton, MO

bbrookrd, I will try to get one rooted for you.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

What a treat that would be. I will send you something in return. But mine are rather mundane compared with your GH plants. Patti

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

A collage of our greenhouse this week with one of my helpers. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.