Oblisk!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Greetings Wise Ones!

Ha! I just returned from a discount store, and they had one oblisk! It's 65 inches-- so a five footer with a 5 inches of metal that get pounded into the ground. It's made of welded metal.

What is the most beautiful plant/vine that will you have grown for this kind of a trellis? I'm so happy to have found it-- $19.99! What will love growing in/through/around it? I have lots of space in full sun.

Blessings on your garden,
Elf

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congrats on your find!

I had purple hyacinth beans on an obelisk last year, and Painted Lady runner beans on another... both did very well! I also grew some hummingbird vine up the shepherd's hook that holds my hummer feeder... loved the lacy foliage! It overgrew the other hook holding the bird (seed) feeder also, then tried to take over a nearby boulder.... but the foliage isn't especially dense, so you'd still be able to see the shape of your obelisk.

On the other hand, if you want somthing that'll obscure the underlying structure in a couple of years -- clematis! I've got 'Pope John Paul II" growing up a little obelisk by the corner of the house, and I'm thinking that it's going to take off this year and I'll never see the underlying metal again, LOL.

So many possiblities! For many more options, check out some of the eye-candy photos over in the vines & climbers forum....

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Elf!!!

:)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.