Anyone know the id??

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I've waited three long years for this iris to bloom. It finally bloomed today, and is NOT Edith Wolford. :0(

Anyone know the correct id? The standards are a blue/periwinkle light purple, the falls have more of a red or violet purple, and the beards are orange, and "horned?" It is about 3-4 ft tall and very well branched...many more blooms to follow...

Thank you in advance
-T

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks like Conjuration.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/34560/index.html

It sure does!!, ...thank you for your help!
:0)

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Funny that should come up. Now I know what to look for.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure is pretty Taylor! =)
Debbie

Hi Deb!

...everyone seems to like this one, but me, lol...I told hubby I was going to dig it out when it stopped blooming, and put Edith Wolford there, but he said no...(a very strong "no", too, lol... )

We measured today, and they are 4.5 ft tall!!

A few more opened today

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely. Lovely.

Why don't you get Edith and add her to Conjuration. That will make everyone happy.
:-)

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Taylor, that is a beautiful iris. I see your yard looks lovely. Doesn't look like your neightbors have done as much, so they must really enjoy yours. Lovely pics. Polly

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Taylor! I agree, just add a couple of Edith's to the group - it would look twice as nice!

Thank you, everyone.

here is a photo from this morning. it rained all night, and they look like they "glow" (in person), right now...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.