Zinnia Pinwheels

Ogden, UT

I am in zone 5, I was told by a local nursery they grow really fast. You think I should be ok if I start them this week.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Are you starting them indoors or outdoors? If it's indoors then you're fine starting them now, but if you're sowing them outdoors you may want to wait until closer to your last frost date.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I haven't sowed the pinwheels, but I have purple prince and candycane indoors. The do grow very quickly. In two weeks time, they are between two and three inches. A couple are closer to four inches. Since these seeds are larger seeds, I only plant two in each section of the flat insert. I've found that if I don't take them out in two weeks, they begin to have problems.

I have already sowed both types of zinnias three times this season. Once a set is transplanted, I decided that I wanted more each time. I also have some green envy seeds from last year that has almost 100% germination. They are growing just as quickly.

Just make sure that your zinnias aren't ready to go outside before the weather is ready for them.

Ogden, UT

I am starting them in a greenhouse. All 500 seeds went in today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.