Blooming Today!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is 'Rachel's Eyes' a SDB. My first SDB ever to bloom. I am so excited. It is overcast today so I can't wait to see it in the sunlight. I have about 5 more buds that should bloom in the next few days!

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug

This is 'Jurrasic Park'. I have tons more buds on this one too. This is just such a lovely flower and it is very prolific.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Very nice doddlebug, I don't have jurrasic but it sure looks pretty. What is SDB ?

SDB=Standard Dwarf Beard. Little bitty bearded iris. Glad you liked the picts.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Okay, now I know. I don't have any of those, might be why I wasn't familiar with the term. I only know TB (lol)

'Cat's Eye' Standard Dwarf

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Very nice, I like those colors. Gosh, and I don't have of those SDBs... don't even have any new TB blooming today. I'm so jealous !

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I really love the look of "Cat's Eye". Magnificient color combination! Wish SDB's would bloom here. so glad you posted those! :-)

Thanks y'all. I am really impressed by 'Cat's Eye.' The colors are so vibrant. I am really enjoying them. I wish everyone had irises blooming right now.

I did another photo session in the garden this afternoon and took a group shot of 'Rachel's Eyes.' The three irises I do have blooming are probably going to call the police on me for trespassing. I am sure they are screaming for me to stop touching and taking pictures of them. LOL.

Shoot. Looks like my other 'Cat's Eye' Picture didn't upload. Here is one where the sun is shining on it.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Really nice! I must confess, I'm scared of trying anything but the LA's down here with the kind of rain we get in winter. But yours are stunning and I'm really enjoying looking at them! =)
Debbie

Blooming today is
'Velvet Caper'
I got this one through the Historic Iris Preservation Society Adoption last year. If I remember right it was from Presby Gardens. This is the first of those adopted irises to bloom. Can't wait to see what the others look like!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Doodlebug, another beautiful one ! Is that one also a SDB ?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Doodlebug,
Those are absolutely beautiful iris. Can't wait to try some of the little ones, now that I see what they look like. I love the light blue or is it lavender beards on Cat's Eye.

pajaritomt, the beards on 'Cat's Eye' are lavender with yellow tips. Very striking.

Yes, betterbloom, 'Velvet Caper' is another SDB. Here is another picture where you can see the bloom is just a few inches off the ground. I am really enjoying these littles ones. It is the first year I have had any of them bloom. It is so exciting.

'Velvet Caper' was introduced in 1963 so it is also a historic iris.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Doodlebug, how cute ! I had a couple of my TB come out that way (lol) .

This is a new introduction from Mid-America gardens, Thomas Johnson 2006

ASTRO
SDB , 13" (33 cm) , Midseason
Astro is a lovely, fancy, luminata plicata. Lightly ruffled standards are darker violet-blue with a bit of white showing along ribs. Very round violet-blue falls have strong white luminata-plicata spots around white beards.
Sdlg. TU304F: Rebus X Troubadour's Song

Another shot of Astro after the rain. You can see the color and pattern much better.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

This yellow and white opened today - it is either "Joyce Terry" or "Total Recall"; I bought both last fall and I'm afraid I am not good at ID'ing yet!

Thumbnail by mrsj

It's very pretty. Boy, those two are similar. I am afraid I would be no help at Id'ing it either. :-)

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I love Cat's Eye, beautiful colors. I have Jurrasic Park and it is beautiful.
I'm putting Rachel's Eyes on my list for my daughter Rachel. I think the last one is Joyce Terry. My JT has orange like beards. I have two getting ready to bloom. Can't wait to see if I can ID them.
Winni

Persian Berry

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Doodlebug - the Persian Berry is beautiful!

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

We had unbelievable floods last night, but, my Afternoon Delight was opened when I went out to check it this morning. I was so excited.

Thumbnail by diamndsnjns
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Diamn: I'd be excited too if I had that bloom ! I'm still waiting on mine....

Afternoon Delight has great colors. How exciting!

Here is another one I got in the adoption last year from the Historic Iris Preservation Society. It has some interesting coloring.
'Jade Mist'

Okay my irises are about ready to get into the full swing. I had a few more bloom today.

'English Charm' - first bloom in my garden for this one. Think I am going to love it!

Here is 'Chestnuts & Robins'. It bloomed for me the first time last year and I think I like it even more this year. Last year the standards were more white. This year they definitely have a bluish tint. :-)

Today I had a few more.

'Mariposa Autumn'

A SDB 'Cherry Grove'

Here's a wide shot of my 'Persian Berry' with some dutch iris.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That Persian Berry is lovely, and a great shot of the garden. I love to see pics of iris in the garden.

Lebanon, OR

Today, Awake, seedling, Heavenly Spirit, Cinders and Alpine Vista
Had a light freeze last night but it was sooooooooo cold all day that it did not surprise me
This is Awake, by Barry Blyth

Thumbnail by irisloverdee

Here is an unknown Peach historic Iris. If you have any ideas what it is, let me know. It is a TB.

One of my favorites....'Jitterbug'

Irisloverdee, I just love Blyth irises. Love the veining on Awake.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh man!! Your pictures are all so gorgeous!! I'm drooling here. I planted ENGLISH CHARM last year - I just love that one! I doubt I'll be lucky enough to see a bloom this season but one can hope lol!

Here is another first bloom to open for me today. It is a polytepal bloom on PRANK.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn

lilyfan - I planted 'English Charm' in July 2005 in two different places in my garden. This is the first time it has bloom. I was so excited. Hopefully yours will bloom this year and you won't have to wait that long.

Prank is very interesting. I like the beards against the yellow coloring. Very nice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.