space age collection

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I only have one blooming. Looks blue in the picture, but really is lavender....now I have to wonder what color my blue one is going to look like..??? This one is conjuration.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It is beautiful! =)

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Galactic Warrior

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Batman

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Devil's Fork

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Concertina

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

High Spirited

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hook

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Comet Connie

Thumbnail by avmoran
Lebanon, OR

Announcement

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Westchester, IL(Zone 5b)

BetterBloom,

That first pic is Conjuration? Hmmmm, mine never had any "spoons" or whatever they're called. That's my favorite iris. I think the iris borers got them all, but I have 3 tiny rhizomes that survived the winter. I really hope at least one of them is Conjuration. sigh.

Here's a pic of when my Conjuration bloomed last year.

~Kristy... who just put down the borer killing granules yesterday, MWAH HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!

Thumbnail by IrisLover79
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yippee! I have Conjuration, but it hasn't bloomed yet. It is looking strong this year with many new fans, so maybe it will bloom this year. I hope mine is as beautiful as yours.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I think it's going to be one of my favorites..I also have wing commander but it hasn't bloomed yet for me. Conjuration is actually lavender but my camera is making it look blue. Wing commander, if I remember right is blue, so it will be interesting to see what color it looks like when I take it's picture.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Irislover: I don't know why yours didn't get the spoons, or what ever they are called but that is weird. I thought that was the best thing about it. Maybe someone else will pop in here with an answer.....calling all iris experts..where are you ?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine doesn't have spoons either.

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

You guys. I'll be totally bankrupt if you don't stop showing these.

Luckily for my purse, I was far too late with my SnowPeak order to get some of the prettiest SAs. I have a list ready for next year though.

inanda with iris spears showing under snow melt. Yippee.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I look here all I want, it's when I see catalogs I go nuts. This year I'm only adding 16 new ones.......I think !

We're still looking for an expert here ? Spoons or no spoons ...Maybe the maturity of the bulb ?

I am by far no expert but I have never seen a picture of conjuration with the spoons. Also the falls look too ruffled and the form of the standards don't look the same either. My guess is that you have another space ager but not conjuration. Wish I could be more help. Anyone else have a educated opinion?

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Doodlebug, you must be an expert! I went back to my catalog and sure enough, it is not conjuration, it is wing commander...a different space age collection. Now I'd better get outside and mark it ! Thanks so much. Now where is my conjuration..?

Hardly but I am glad you figured it out.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is my conjuration(Thanks to Texasdoodlebug's ID).

I guess I'd love it more, if it were something I'd picked, but when looking forward to seeing 'Edith Wolford', I have to admit I was really disappointed. I've waited three years for this one to bloom...

It is a really good performer, when it blooms, though. Each stem has 5 buds/blooms on it. Several more opened today...

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Westchester, IL(Zone 5b)

I hope one of my itty bitty rhizomes is Conjuration and it survives to bloom. ::sniffle:: ;(

~Kristy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Betterbloom - I'm pretty sure that the first iris isn't Conjuration. Conjuration has a purple rim. Yours is a very pretty iris though.

Thumbnail by doss
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Doss, Doodlebug figured it out for me..it's wing commander. I still have conjuration somewhere but hasn't bloomed yet.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Oops, sorry. I didn't catch that. :8)

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

It's okay Doss, I was going to change the name on it and forgot...you just reminded me, thanks !

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

So guess what bloomed today ? Conjuration !

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You conjured it up!

Lebanon, OR

One time a SA will spoon, flounce and fork. It has alot to do with soil PH and also the weather...I have in the past have a spooned blossom and on the same stalk just below no spoon or fork at all...

D

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I have 6 blooms on it so I'll watch and see what happens on mine. I think the spoons on wing commander were a lot prettier.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

girls...I am salivating.........what beauties!

Calimesa, CA

Here is a good picture of CONJURATION, does yours look like this in person?

Thumbnail by dd_iris
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

here is Blow Torch

Thumbnail by tazzy
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

dd iris: That sure looks like conjuration to me. But then Blowtorch also looks like Blueeyed Susan........too many look the same to me.

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

avmoran,
Your Iris are all beautiful, but I really love "Concertina" love the color combination.
My Iris are only about 6" tall so I won't see any blooms for a few more weeks.
Sure enjoyed seeing yours while I wait for mine, Thanks
Bev

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Sweet and Spacey. Lovely fragrance too.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And this one is "PASSION FLOWER'

Thumbnail by doss
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Nice ones Doss, especially the Sweet and Spacey ... !

SKY HOOKS ,
oldie but goodie

Thumbnail by tazzy

Battle Star
had the wrong name on this sorry .
getting old and confuse easy LOL
Is this my left or right ??? DUH

This message was edited Apr 28, 2007 11:03 AM

Thumbnail by tazzy

Post a Reply to this Thread