Urban Food Garden & Course, Washington, D.C.

Washington, DC(Zone 7a)

Greetings--
I would like to announce a new urban garden project in Washington, D.C., The 7th Street Garden! The 7th Street is located in the heart of D.C.'s Shaw neighborhood. The Garden is a highly productive community food garden wherein low income residents learn to grow, utilize and market local, seasonal and affordable produce. The Garden will greatly contribute to food security, economic opportunity and enhance the environmental in this community. As well, we are committed to creating a site that demonstrates urban environmental sustainability. The 7th Street Garden will educate and engage youth and adults, instill a sense of neighborhood pride where ideas can flourish, senses will be engaged, defenses will be disarmed and multidisciplinary educational opportunities will abound.

The Garden's official opening day is March 31st and we are offering an Introduction to Urban Food Gardens course (also known as Intro to Permaculture) April 6-8. Our web site is www.the7thstreetgarden.squarespace.com

Thumbnail by GrowingDC
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I took a gander at the website, but couldn't find the specific location, just that it's in Shaw. What's the nearest Metro stop - Dupont?

Washington, DC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the interest. It's between P and Q, NW on 7th Street. It is in the footer of the web site. Not too clear though...

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hmmm... so it's not close to a metro stop?

Washington, DC(Zone 7a)

Oh, yes, it is. It's close to Shaw/Howard metro. The green line. Good point though. I will put that on our web site.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's good. Yes, I think you should display it prominently on the website (and also give the directions from the Shaw stop to your location).

I live close to a metro, so I try to take advantage of it whenever I go downtown. I'm sure I'm not alone with that thinking. Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.