My first alpine flower in this spling

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi,
With the coming of spring, my alpines started to glow:) How about yours?
Variegated Saxifraga rosacea

This message was edited Mar 15, 2007 11:04 AM

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Sorry, the title is "My first alpine flower in this spring"*blush *

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Beautiful! I have a variegated mosst called Bob hawkins but the white edges are not as striking as yours and the flowers are white, rather than pink. It will be some time before I have any alpines open...mine are still under 4 feet of snow!

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Thank you Todd!
I wish it 'll survive Japanese hot summer. I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful alpines again this year!!

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

How lovely to see alpines again! Looking forward to seeing many more in the coming months.

somewhere, PA

I'm so happy to see spring alpines here! thank you goldenfish. We were just starting to
get spring weather and then got a late snowstorm. So it'll be a bit longer.

That is a lovely sax. I've never seen a variegated form. And the pink flower is lovely too.
Tam

(Zone 4a)

Happiness is a Variegated Saxifraga rosacea in bloom!

Lovely!

Corinne

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Thought I'd show my variegated saxifrage called 'Bob Hawkins'. Here's a pic from last fall.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

What a fantastic plant - love the texture and colour.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone,
Thank you for viewing. You all are having cold days over there, aren't you? I've been waiting for coming of spring to your gardens! And photos!!
Todd,
What a magnificent saxifrage! It must be spectacular when it is flowering! Thank you very much!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

goldenfish, thanks for the pic of your pretty saxifrage. I really like variegated foliage. makes for nice interest when the blooms fade. very nice.

todd, when do you expect blooms on yours? (I know...sometime after the snow melts lol)

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Early June! Long way off yet!

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

Beautiful saxifrage Goldenfish, I always enjoy your photos. As for the weather here we are having record high temperatures in the western United States. Saturday and Sunday were over 70 degrees farenheit here. The pasque flower and a small Draba are in bloom now. Nothing quite as pretty as your Saxifrage though.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi grampapa,
Thank you for your message!

Ally_UT,
70F is really warm for this season, isn't it? Today is 59F in here. I didn't know the pasque flower. Although I searched it, it's very cute flower! I am truly envious!

What a great photo of a beautiful plant! Wow!

Joseph

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.