Birdbath Made with Crystal Vases

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi Everyone...Awhile back someone had posted pictures of a birdbath they
made with crystal vases and a crystal plate.
Does anyone know where I can find this posting?
Peg

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Peg, last winter there were some posts by Vee8ch here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/576262/. Maybe this is what you were looking for? She had also posted some in Trash & Treasures somewhere http://davesgarden.com/place/f/t2t/all/

Debbie

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Debbie:
I found it after I posted here. Went junking yesterday with my sister. Found a great cut glass punch bowl, cut glass vase, and a unbelievable round fruit platter. I remembered seeing the post for a plant stand or birdbath, birdfeeder. So decided to give it a try. If I ever get it done it will probably be too heavy to move. Also will have to guard my son and his crazy weedwacker.
Thanks....Peg

Crozet, VA

Oh, I remember seeing all of those great ideas last winter as I first became aquainted with Dave's Garden website. So cool. I might have to try making one before too long. There are just so many things that I need to do before I do that it seems. Maybe the next time I find myself feeling like gardening is becoming work, I wll look for pieces to make my totem. It looks like a lot of fun.

I never thought of doing one as large as a punch bowl, but that should work great as a bird bath. Love it, love it, love it.

Please post pics if anyone makes more of these.

Ruby

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi Ruby... The punch bowl will be the bottom piece, then a vase or two and then the top. It will be either a birdbath, birdfeeder or a stand to hold a plant. Depends on how it turns out. As soon as I get it done I will post pictures to see if you like it. I started another one with 2 glass lampshades from a swag lamp. I have the lampshades put together, but it isn't very tall. I have to find something else to make it taller or I guess it will be a short plant stand.....Peg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.