Bad Kitty!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Looking out the window yesterday to check out the birds at my bird feeder - in the background (without my glasses) I can see this black and white object in the Cherry tree??? Grab my glasses and see this - Lucky's got a poor little chipmunk trapped at the end of one of the branches!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I quickly grabbed the camera and caught a few scary moments for this little guy. Every time Lucky would try to get closer, the branch would bend with his weight and the little chipmunk would just keep twirling around the branch trying to hang on.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Amazing pictures! I hesitate to ask this question... but what was the final outcome?

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Taken from a distance, gives you a better perspective of the size of the tree. Good news is that after taking the pictures, I plucked Lucky from the tree and brought him in the house to give 'Chip' a chance to recover and escape! My good deed for the day :)

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL, we were posting at the same time :)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, thank you, Debbie!

Crozet, VA

Absolutely amazing Debbie. Thank you for sharing!!!

Ruby

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Debbie, happy ending! I had cats that were always catching Chips, I would grap the cat by the scruff of the neck till she dropped it. Hate to see anything tortured and played with like kitties do, even when the Chips dig holes in my garden.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Chips are so darn cute, and I don't think they have the reputation for damaging plants like voles, do they? maybe more insect and seed eating.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Amazing pictures, Debbie! I think you should have just posted the first one and said the chipmunk had Lucky cornered. LOL Glad you were able to rescue the little fellow. He sure is cute.

I heard Gus scratching around with something on the kitchen floor day before yesterday which I figured had to be either a mouse or one of those plastic circles from a milk jug top, his most favorite toy. It was a lizard - a pretty good sized one too. I managed to scoop up the lizard and put him outside. I hope he was okay.

I don't know whether the lizard got in the house and Gus found him or if Gus caught him outside and brought him in.

Only Gus and the lizard knows! LOL. At least it wasn't a snake!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hmpfh. Gus was just as scared as I was the day a snake slithered across the kitchen floor. Now, if you want to scare the dickens out of me, just be a snake and be inside my house.

OMG! hart, I was only kidding! Hey! how do you do with bats! I get them In the house quite often, They scare me first and then I go bat chasing.

Grifton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hart,we picked peas one summer and my grandmother stuck her hand in the bushel basket and pulled out a green snake.She said there was no ways she was going to season the peas with snakes.lol.
She then took the snake outside and introduced him to hoe.It was short meeting...
HD

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I see them outside flying around at night a lot but I've never seen them in the house. Bats, that is. See above on snakes in the house. LOL

LOL on the snake seasoning, forcingflowers. It's bad enough to see a snake on the kitchen floor. If I reached into something and came up with a snake - AAAAAAGH!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.