Bayer Advanced potting soil at Ollie's Bargain Outlet

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Baltimore area and ? I just got a one cubic foot (pretty big) bag of Bayer Advanced Potting soil for Roses and Flowers, with moisture control, fertilizer and insect control(Merit) for $2.99 . I thought that was a good price! seems like nice stuff. They had a couple sizes of bags , slight variations on labeling,, 10 qt for 1.99, 16 qt for 2.99, and this was the biggest bag. Says it's for indoor and outdoor containers.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally,

You're my kind of a shopper!!!!! I go to Ollie's now and then. I guess it is time for a trip. I go to the one in Dundalk.

I just got a 15K bag of Bayer Advanced Lawn fertilizer plus Crab Grass pre-emergent control at "Good Stuff Cheap" for----------------------ready???? ---$10!!!
Mind you, this place may only have a few bags of this and that, but I guess I was there at the right time.
Who knows? It may be a year old or something, but I got it last year also ( for $18) and I had the best lawn ever! Never got around to the "Stage 2" application which is weed killer plus fertilizer. HAVE TO do that this year!!! I had a few too many weeds last year.

I had lawn service for almost 15 years and always had a good lawn, but now they have gone to riding this scooter thingie around and, Bam! they are done in 5 minutes. I can see that, if you have acres of open land, this would work fine, but I don't. I have a fairly small property and have all kinds of beds and trees and shrubs and things you have to be careful going around. I do not believe that they can do as thorough an application on that scooter as can be done by pushing a spreader by hand. Besides--for $45 an application, I can do it myself and do it better. So I canceled my service.

Gonna get the old spreader out tomorrow or Tuesday and go to it! Wed. it will rain and wash it all in.

Gita

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

That's how all the herbicides wind up in the Chesapeake Bay.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.