spring is coming!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I think they both just have bad colds. I had fun watching the baby. I hope she brings her back today. I have reinforcements..........my husband is home for the weekend. Ha!

That's good to hear the rabbit poo is good fertilizer. He deposited it everywhere but very heavily around the rose bushes he was chewing on. :) The bad thing is my two little fluffy white prissy dogs seem to have developed a "taste" for the rabbit poo. Yuck!! I guess they like "pre-digested" protein. Ha!! ............ and then they want to KISS ME!!!! I don't think so. Not till I brush their teeth anyway. Ha!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

HAPPY DAY!!!!!! the Malard ducks are back in the ditch in front of the house thats my spring is realy here thing there so beautiful thay come every year.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Gosh it was gorgeous here and I was stuck inside at a baby shower the entire afternoon. We had all the windows open and the attic fan roaring....sure felt good!!

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh dear am I going to hurt tomorrow! We've been cleaning out my biggest flower bed for atleast a week. It sure looks alot better, but now I need more plants.:) DH was actually disappointed when I didn't have anything to put in the big open spaces. I had some plants that died and I finally trimmed my lavendar back and lo and behold I have space for plants.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I wish I could get outside and start getting the garden spots ready for all my babies that are sprouting :o) But the yard is still loaded with standing water, the whole yard is soggy wet where there isn't any standing. It's awful... But thank the Lord, the weather is warmer, so the grounds should really start thawing out good...

Sarv yesterday wasn't as warm here as it was Saturday, so if your temps are like mine, you really didn't miss much... But the sun was shining bright all day long...

Dori did you go to the butterfly place Sunday? sorry I missed your message. I was sick all day long and slept on and off all day. Don't know if I will get a chance to be on tomorrow, got to get the living room moved around, My BIL is bringing me that sectional and I have to make room for it. lol All I want to do is crawl in a corner and sleep and sleep and sleep...

Connie

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

glevely, I thought of you and your mallard ducks yesterday as I waited for the mallards to cross the road. LOL
Thank God it was a slow part of the day and there weren't many cars.

pepsidrinker, Not much standing water in my small yard, but it sure is soggy. I did get my 2 climbing roses pruned yesterday. First time I have ever pruned a rose ... ouch! I have 2 bananas in the house that are one day away of being too old to eat ... they will go to the roses if no one eats them. :o)

I have a ton of lilies and glads that I got in co-ops, I'm just itching to plant those. To wet yet I guess.
toofew

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I started last Thursday working in the garden. Pruned all the roses and moved one(OUCH)
Raked most of the BIG garden and burnt all the junk! Cleaned the GH up more and carried decorations back
out to the garden- I was so sore that night i was dragging. I know my knee isnt going to last much longer.
I am so glad I got that jet tub-I stayed in for a hr with the jets pounding my sore muscles!
I have pickers in my fingers too!!

We had the pair of mallards that live in the ditch swimming in our yard pound! LOL I put those ugly
flamingos out there too!
We went to the bfly house with the kids it was really nice-sunday was a bit rainny but then cleared up for
afternoon garden work!

Im going to head out to the garden as soon as i get my shower-may plant the lily bulbs i got from the co-op!
I will find something to do for sure!!!

Here i am with my lil zander-he luved running around the place splashing in the water!! lol

everyone have a great day.
dori

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Here is a picture of grammy and my grandbabes in the rainforest hut
My dh wanted to see if i could stand up in it-he was to tall-ha ha ha!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Starting to panic here...am I too late to start petunias from seed???

Cute g-kids, Dorie!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Never to late!!!
thanks i kinda like them gbabes!!!

here is my oldest son(27)the gbabes daddy and my redhead(13)

Thumbnail by notmartha
Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

I wonder how many people have discovered how helpful it is to have a few of those diabetic poker things on hand for getting out stickers and such? Since we have a wood shop we get stickers all the time so we keep a package of those things at the shop and at home. They are surgically sharp. A big improvement over a sewing needle which is what we used to use.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dori for posting all those pics. I love seeing the flowers. Your sons and grandbabies are so cute!! Looks like you had a fun day.

It is supposed to be really nice out today. I'm heading out to find something to do. I got my Osmocote down on the perennial bed and turf builder down on the lawn. The fruit trees are pruned the my husband got them sprayed. I need to read up on their care to see when I'm supposed to be spraying them again. So far the new peach, plum and pear trees I planted last year look great. I want to order some asparagus from the conservation dept. spring sale and set aside a corner of the garden for them. I love asparagus but have never grown it before.

Do you think it's too early to plant gladiola bulbs? I got some hardy glad bulbs last fall. I guess if they're hardy they should be Ok to plant now right? :)

I have a small area outside my fence between the cottage blocks of my raised bed that has some grass growing in there. I had it mulched heavily but the grass crept in. I think I'm going to try to trim some old roof shingles to poke down in there and then re-mulch. It is too tight of an area to get my fat butt in there to pull grass out of.

The water is going down in the yard. I have a pair of geese and a pair of ducks swimming down in the pond. I think I had the same foresome last spring. They must be buds. Ha!

Have a great day everyone.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Ouch is right :( Last yr. I purchased 2 pairs of those wonderful garden gloves!! They go on like silk, wear wonderfully, AND PICKERS DO NOT PICK YOU, HONEST!! I am going to look for the addy today :)

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Ouch is right :( Last yr. I purchased 2 pairs of those wonderful garden gloves!! They go on like silk, wear wonderfully, AND PICKERS DO NOT PICK YOU, HONEST!! I am going to look for the addy today :) SOME ONE HERE ALSO HAS THE ADDY FOR THEM TOO, COME OUT, COME OUT, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, PLEASE.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.