spring is coming!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I thought i would start a new link to yak on

The temps and my spirits are UP
the snow is MELTING here and they say 40s for at least a week
that should reduce the snow quite a bit. yahooooooooo

Im going to take a walk out to the Gh in a bit and smell the air!!!
still spring cleaning here. Once i get out there gardening im not coming back in till FALL!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes ,it sure looks like spring is around the corner. It`s 44 here. Going to be in the 40`s here thru Thursday, then Friday 34.
I`m like yu I won`t be in the house till late next fall ! I have many new beds, this is the second year for most of them..
Hubby is buying me 2 more loads of topsoil , and we can get some 13 year old horse manure from dad( it really more like real rich black dirt..
Aleta

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes the snow is melting here too :o) I did a few more containers of WSing and got them out. The weatherman said last night suppose to be in the 50's this coming week but we will see. I will be happy to settle for 40's... I plan on starting my tomatoe seeds next week, boy can't wait to get out of this house and get to stay out there longer than 5 or 10 minutes at a time lol...

YES Spring is in the air :o)

Connie

Hamburg/Pinnebog, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh what a great day outside......

MICHIGAN - Think positive!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Rain this morning ... hope that will take care of the big mounds of snow.

Soon I will put together my little plastic 'greenhouse' and move my daylily seedlings out there. That will free up some space under my lights for a few more seedlings.

Connie, I started my tomato seeds 2 days ago. I guess I got all excited about the warm weather coming. :o)
I do have a few WS'ed containers outside. Not as many as you ... I saw that picture you posted earlier!
I put Japanese maple seeds in one, sure am hoping to get some seedlings from it.
toofew~

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Spring is diffenately in the air, Ken and I went shopping and stopped in Wendys for a bite to eat and the bank said 54, on the way home we past another bank and it said 54 :o) I am loving it...

Just got back in from snipping all the dead stems off some one the flowers that needed it and my blackeyed susans are coming in, among a few other things... Couldn't do a whole lot out there because of all the standing water, but got what needed to be done done....

Now if the time wasn't changing tonight, I'd be a happy camper... Don't know why they just don't move it forward 30 minutes and leave it alone...

Well ppl I am off. got some seeds to go thru and get ready to get them started...
You all have a great night,

Connie

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

What a beautiful day outside! Kids were outside tromping through the mud most of the day. Spring is definitely in the air!

Michelle

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I spent the entire afternoon at a baby shower...waaaaa...missed everything...Maybe it will be as nice tomorrow!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes it was warm here yesterday and i have a huge lake in my front yard! it was thin ice this morning.
the boys were out tossing the football around and shooting some bball. Its already a balmy 36 and im ready to go clean the gh up and sharpen my tools!! I saw some sedum growing where the snow had melted! :)
Im sure there will be all kinds of green stuff popping up this week! This is always the warmest week in March!

Im off to dry my hair and get busy-Have FUN FUN FUN!!!

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

We hit 52,today and it was 48 yesterday. I had to open windows and the door in the greenhouse. It was 128.. We are looking into a solar vent. I will be starting my tomatoes and some other things in the next couple of weeks. I sure have SPRING FEVER!!!!
I see that Harger`s have been busy the last couple fo months. Their big greenhouse door was open and I bet they have about 1500 hanging baskets started in that greenhouse alone. I know my girlfriend has ordered 500 tomatoe plants from them. We have talked them into trying some different plants this year. They usually grow plants for our area.,
I know with the gas prices I will be staying closer to home I have alot of seeds ,so I can be busy all this spring.. Hubby is building me a cold frame,so I will have more space. The neighbors are up getting ready to tap the sugar maples...Aleta

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

52 in Glennie!

Almost makes me want to head for the Cabin we have up there .......... that's saying a lot, no indoor plumbing or modern conveniences. It is beautiful up there, but I do like indoor plumbing.

Kind of dark and dreary here today, hope the sun comes out soon.

Here's a picture of our pooch up at the cabin in warmer days ........... she usually stays home with me, the lack of indoor facilities doesn't bother her, but the flies and other bugs think she's dinner. Poor Baby.

Thumbnail by Tree_Climber
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

We have been having real nice weather. Rained a little this morning then sun came out and it hit 48 , today.
Hubby and I are just waiting to take the pontoon out.We go alot to the Alcona pond.
We have our summer planned, work on the house,work in the yard and fish,fish and more fish....
Grandson`s are already putting in for their weeks with us...LOL Our dog MisTee is putting in for them to come,Too Aleta

Thumbnail by AFDolly
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Love the Dogs, just beautiful :o)

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Cute dogs! My yard is under water...lovely Spring thaw! We bring Angus (our English Mastiff puppy) home on Saturday...a puppy, a little boy and mud. What says Spring more than that, LOL?

Going to be 60 here today (before snow returns on Thurs) So I'm up early ready to face the beautiful day!! While taking a garden walk in the snow yesterday, I turned around and saw to beautiful robins. Ahhhhhh spring IS here!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Its amazing but this day is always the warmest day in March!!! ( i keep track)
Today it will be 60 here and the snow is melting of course the last to melt is my garden area!!
I see all kinds of green plants growing-by the end of the month i hope to have several things potted and transplanted!

I watched a huge flock of geese circling yesterday! :)
havent seen a robin-really dont care too-they eat all my fruit!!! so you gals can keep those pest!

im going to wash some windows here and let the fresh air in!
hugz
dori

tons of water here too and MUD

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Its 44 here,already.. We have the mud ,too. My kitchen floor looks it ,muddy paw prints all over ...
I have been washing windows .. That is one of the projects this summer,changing out 6 windows on our sun porch.Well part porch and part Ham radio room.
Yes puppies,boys and mud go hand in hand.. But, I like walking thru mud puddles, too. Bare footed and all,must be the farm girl in me..
My gardens are still covered in snow.. This year I want to make walk ways thru the wooded part of the yard. All my gardens are new ,so I still have lots to do.. I really need to lose some weight and walking thru the trails and plant things will help that. I have gained back 50 of the 198 lbs I lost a few years ago. I lost alot of it by walking and gardening..Being diabetic ,I need the weight loss.
MisTee is a shelter dog.She is part lab and part retreiver..Best 10 buks I spent in a long time.. She helps me garden. I tell her to dig a hole and she does.But, then she digs the plants back up and runs away with them.. Maybe this year she will be better.She finally knows what the word NO means.... Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!! Aleta

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Aleta, our dog "Sophie" has her own pool too .......... cute picture.

Sophie use to follow me around and dig up the things I had just planted too ........ hate to tell you it took a few years for her to stop doing that. I use to take Chicken Wire and bend it into circles to put around the newly planted things. That worked for the most part. She still digs the occassional hole in my garden, but I can deal with it once in a while.

I'm going to venture out of my "cave" today and enjoy the sunshine.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm going to get out and try to pick up the dog poo that has settled on the lawn after the snow melt. Not my favorite job but with this long handled pooper picker upper tool it isn't so bad. It's amazing how much two little dogs can go. Ha! I also want to walk out front to see if the Lenten Rose is blooming yet. I need to get some Liquid Fence mixed up and spray the fruit trees and a few other things. The deer will be out in force soon looking for things to nibble on.

Enjoy the day everyone!! Winter will be back by the weekend.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh really, can I still put out a few things for wsing? I started a few containers then boke my wrist and the containers are still in the basement :( I did hear that we are to have some wet cold snow........Ack Doridon't swat me, LOL I was thinking that maybe putting some ice cubes on them and putting them outside might work??IT COULD HAPPEN :)

Thumbnail by tootsie
Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

It was an exciting day in West Michigan with it reaching 68 degrees today!!! YAHOOO!!!
Although snow is in the forecast fro this weekend! UGH! :(
But what a welcome break. Alot of the snow has melted which makes doing outside chores so much easier. I was outside in a tank top and cut-offs today.
What a sight I must of been with my winter white legs stuck into my muddy muck boots. Eek!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

know what you must have looked like C.R. I was out there myself digging water ways so I don't have to wade to the shed for tools LOVE SPRING
G.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, and today it is suppose to hit 60 with showers this afternoon.

I started some trays yesterday evening in my kitchen and set them all out on the front deck. Plan on doing a few more today, I have several small and medium pots I want to do too. Going to have to move all my WSing containers b4 to long and get them out of dh's way. :o)

Have a great day everybody :o)

Connie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

It did hit 70 here yesterday-but i expected that!!! Every yr on march 13 it is around 70. Its been like that for several yrs now. The reason I know is becuz it was the day my mom passed away back in 1988. So i kinda have kept track of that day over the yrs. I didn't do much outside becuz of all the standing water. I didn't even try to make it to the GH, I did however play a lil basketball with my 13yr old when he got home. I also started up my camaro and listen to her rumbling!! Just sat outside drinking a margarita and enjoyed the warmth and all the birds singing-the killdeer are back :) along with those pesky robins! Now we just have to wait till April arrives and this weather stays!

this was last yrs picture of march melting-looks about the same this yr!!

Thumbnail by notmartha

68 here yesterday...just glorious. Snow is still here, but melting away quickly. I found a couple of bulbs that ended up on top of the soil. I thought I'd dig with my finger and pop them back into the earth and low and behold the ground was still frozen!!

My forever and ever hydrangea is all leafed out...how strange. Hope it doesn't get zapped by the cold spell that is coming.

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

66 here yesterday. Only got down to 43.5 last night.. I can see my pond,couldn`t see it last night ..
Well, we are off to buy new door knobs and a new coffee pot .I`m using the camp pot this morning, Takes to long time to brew.........
Have A Great Day,All!!! Aleta

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow sarv...a bit early for anything to be leafing out!

CR-I know....I'm debating whether to cover it with a bucket until this cold spell passes....

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i vote for covering it! better safe than sorry

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone..well it got to be 72 here..good old south Michigan..lol...The snow is gone...on the grasses but..the ice in the lake..is till there..looks funny...if the wind would blow..it would move on out I think..Spring is funny to watch the ice go..it is a deep dark gray color too No fisherman out on it either...smart..

Yesterday we took a short trip shopping...and there were some prim roses blooming...by our stairs..lol..so cool..I love those things..and some bulbs are up..the Witch Hazel is done..missed that..oppps...Have to check out more stuff out there...DH..planted seeds in flats under lights..day before yesterday..have to buy some more flats..I thought we had plenty...but short memory I guess....

Well enjoy your mild day...hope it sticks around..But remember it is Michigan....(one never knows)

Smiles..Diana

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow its nice out-going to take a garden walk before the snow hits again!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow, woke up to snow again, probably less than an inch but it looks so dreary outside. That nice 70 degree weather spoiled me already.

33 deg here and cold and gloomy looking. waaaa...we've been teased... End of next week looks promising though (keep that darn snow you way....)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Everyone.............Well the Red Wing Black Birds are back in town, along with the Cow Birds and the Robins......so as far as I'm concerned, Spring is here. The Red Wings are back a few days early, they usually arrive around the 18th o f March, I too have kept track, but if that is an indication that Spring is coming earlier this year, I will take it.

Worked in my greenhouse yesterday and finished organizing my seeds....Will have a list in a few days if anyone is interested in seed.

Dori, we have lots of water here and mud. Hopefully the AuGres River does not flood over, as you know it runs through my property for about a mile......Keeping fingers crossed, as there are flood warnings out today for the Rifle River. My pond is just about unfrozen. Probably in another week it will be all water again.

Thumbnail by deann
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

28 here.. I know I got spoiled ,but spring is on its way..
Deann,I rember when I was young,we had to walk planks on cement blocks to get to my fathers girrlfriends house . They were right on the river ,too. I don`t quite remember where she lived. I was about 4 at the time.. Have a GREAT DAY,EVERYONE!!!! Aleta

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

deann was it you that told me about Timber ghost daylily farm can't remember any thing any more (must be age) any way we got the flyers from The daylily King in Au Gres the other day I would realy like to go to TimberGhost.

Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i want to take a trip to centerpeice daylily garden in beaverton-ever been there???

Today VERY cold and the wind was off the bay-didnt even go out to the mailbox!
they are showing 50s next week! dont quote me but i think this is it-something inside
says it has to be!

huggerz
dori

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

dori I'v never been there but beverton is only 10 mis. or so from here so where in Beverton is it? I'm waiting for the soft air then I know spring is realy here to stay.
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ok i did a google as i lost all my bookmarked stuff yesterday
Bruce Kovach, 5501 S. Red Oak Road. Beaverton MI 48612-8513. 989-689-3030 ...
i have never been there but im going to go this yr come YOU know what or high water

we can make a date if anyone wants to join me and rdwolf!!

i did a mapquest and its out by the water!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

glevely.........yes it was me that told you about TimberGhost Farms.....I think the mailing address is Prescott, but it is off of 55 east of West Branch....Not sure how you would be coming up to it, but I know Darlene pretty well, and I would guess May or June would be the perfect time to go....Let me know and I will get you better directions to it.

Deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.