Trade your snakes for plants!

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

I was browsing nursery websites and came across this: Highland Hill Farm in Fountainville, PA will "barter" plants for snakes!

http://www.seedlingsrus.com/Snakes.html

Thought some of you might get a chuckle out of it.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - I'd rather work overtime than that barter!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Don't tell my SO about it. He'll be asking if they trade snakes for plants and be digging up all my plants. He likes snakes. LOL This is hilarious. I wonder what the going rate is for snakes in plants? LOL

Richmond, VA

I did get a chuckle.Thanks.Unfortunately I dont live where I used to.Id have a yard bursting over with plants.While Im quite aware that farmers will accept and even pay people sometimes for snakes. I wasnt aware that nurseries did.I wasnt aware that the rodent population had started bothering nursery stock.Any one know if and or why the rodent population is that high in that area?

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I buy stuff there, he is a real character.

Any tree nursery does battle with mice and squirrels, and they probably have a few thousand acres of trees growing around there. Needless to say, he has problems with deer, too. In PA the state will help with costs of fencing for nurseries, and you can get hunting leases at his place, too.

Richmond, VA

Thanks claypa for the info.He does sound like a character.As long as the problem is more with wild life in general than rats hes alright.Usually a infestation with rats in a rural area is indicitive of a major problem.Glad to know that I can get a hunting lease
at his place.I cant get out of richmond to do any hunting, I however have friends of mine that can and do.Ill let them know

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.