Thumbnail by Margiempv
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

MINNESOTA MIXED UP KID How Interesting
never saw this before that I can remember
course that is not saying alot
:)
A

Lebanon, OR

MMK never blooms the same from bloom to bloom.

This is My Kayla

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Mohawk Brave is a nice one.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

How about a historic? Mme. Henri Cayeux

Hopw about a pink to pop your eyes out? Melissa Sue

And an incredible orange to brighten your day --- Maid of Orange BB

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oooh. Lots of lovelies, but I **love** Melissa Sue.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I love that historic of Mme. Henri Cayeux, Wanda! On my list!!

Anita, "Minnesota Mixed Up Kid" is one of those irises where every flower is different. A truely "must have" iris. It's a historic. I used it in a cross last year. It took, and now I'm hoping at some of those seeds will germinate. If they don't I'll be so disappointed!!

~Margie

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Have Faith Margie!!!
I'm Pulling for you
:)
A

Margie--love the "Minnesota Mixed up Kid!" Is it a parent for all those broken color beauties I've seen lately in the market? I had a broken color slip in into my beds from Kasparek--no definite identity yet. every bloom radically different.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Anita! :-) I sure hope so.

Wanda, I don't know that one. I bet if you wrote the Kaspericks and sent that photo they could tell you the name. I'd be interested in knowing too.

As to whether or not Minnesota Mixed Up Kid is a parent for all broken colors - probably not for all, but I wouldn't be surprised if for some. Interestingly enough - No one knows who the parents are of that particular variety, only that it has been in distribution since about 1970. It only recently has been registered (2003) and given that name. It is classified as a Border Bearded. (My mistake for listing it under Tall Bearded's here on this thread)

~Margie

Interesting what can show up.I'll have to see if this one is an unstable seedling or what. I like it. Let's see if it survives the Iowa winte & how it blooms in 2007.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.