Daffodils anyone?

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

A couple of daffodils opened today. Anyone else have flowering bulbs?

Thumbnail by greenkat
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

NO!

Jeez, Greenkat, how'd you get so lucky? Do you have a super-sunny yard? My daffy dills are still a long way off... oh woe is me.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

My daffs and tulips have emerged but are nowhere near ready to bloom. What a cheerful sight, Greenkat.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

is that Icw Follies? Mine are way away from that, no buds showing. But here is a lone mini iris, coming up under a clump of blue eyed grass

Thumbnail by sallyg

oh, the focus was off there. Then here's a bunch of crocus tomassinianus, something I read about on a newsletter and then bought at Homestead a few years ago. The first of my regular crocus are always yellow and I had the first of those today too. What a gorgeous day, if a bit windy. Spent almost all day out in the yard, ending up with a bonfire .waiting for the lunar eclipse to rise.
OOOH now that's in focus

This message was edited Mar 3, 2007 7:41 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Nice pictures everyone, the only thing I have to look at are last years pictures, was spitting snow again up here. Some tulips arr poking out of the ground, and I have been looking for snowdrops.

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful crocus (or is it crocuses.... croci?), Sally. Chris, you'll still have tulips when mine are history!

Yes, I do have a sunny front yard (and a brick facade that holds the warmth), but the flip side is my back yard is in shade from November through March. Talk about your micro-climate! Front yard must be a zone 8.... while back is 7.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I do try to use the micro-climate areas, usually the South-east foundation of the house. And I buy early- mid and late flowering spring bulbs.

Here is one of my favorites from a few years back

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Crozet, VA

Lovely blooms!!! Don't you just love it when Spring begins to spring forth? It is such a pleasure to find hidden glories such as this when least expecting them. I had on my list to walk my yard yesterday and see how things are doing. It was cold and windy here so I didn't get to do it. Supposed to be warmer this week so I am definitely gonna set aside some time to check on all my plants. It will be very interesting to see how our gardens do this year. John spent many hours last fall transplaning things from his folks homeplace. They are daylilies most with a few odds and ends mixed in. Oh yeah, twelve azalea bushes too. Things should be very lovely if everything decides to live and bloom.

Thanks for sharing the pic Lady.

Ruby

Richmond, VA

Yes I have blooming daffodils too.Ive got iris and paper whites coming up as well.

don't know the variety name on these but they live long and prosper- maybe they're 'Vulcan". plenty to give away. Pic from April 2006.

This message was edited Mar 5, 2007 7:23 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.