Siberian iris lovers

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Wanda,

The guys at Ensata aren't answering email too quickly these days. I'm sure they're spending every daylight hour in the fields digging and preparing orders. If you want a response, your best bet is to call them at night after dark.

Laurie

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I got mine last week and potted them up into gallon pots. They were sitting on the doorstep when I got home from the hospital (appendectomy, fun!).

Is there a chance these will bloom this first year?

I am a newbie for sibs and need to learn a lot! My plans include working these in with hostas for contrast. How much shade can they tolerate and still bloom reasonably well?
Thanks,
Toxi

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Not much shade. Some of mine get only afternoon sun and they are half the size of ones in full sun.

Mayvbe you have hotter sun than we do.
inanda

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My sibs and hostas co-exist well here in part shade. I think the further south, the more shade they can take. Put them with hostas that can take more sun, and they will all be happy.

And I have had first year sibs from Ensata bloom, but they were late on the bloom time.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Okay, thanks for the replies! I might put them with my lilies instead.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

WOW!!!! says she. You mean we might get some bloom THIS YEAR> Amazing. Can't wait for our order to arrive.
G

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

My order arrived and I have planted the sibs in a new bed which I dug with them in mind to plant with ribbons of various other perennials and bulbs in pinks, purples, whites and soft yellows. The DL were very vigorous, so I was pleased with them too. I was very happy with the packing, size and the companies communication. Nice folks. I would love to see some blooms this year, but I am not expecting any. Patti

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Well, it sounds like other orders are going out, so I'm sure mine is in line. I've got bare spots just waiting.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

OK. Looks like zone 5's are being shipped. Wonder how long it will take for zone 2s to be dug.

Impatient Ginny

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My Siberians arrived & I popped them into the ground. Nice clumps. Gotta keep them wet 7 well-mulched now as they settle in. 90s here today.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Our Ensata order arrived. What bliss. Of course, long weekend starting tomorrow so they are all in icecream buckets till Monday night. Wonderfully packed and shipped.

inanda

Orangeville, ON(Zone 5a)

wow .. long wait, glad to hear they are in good shape ... can't wait to receive them , Judy (sammigirl)

Corning, NY(Zone 5a)

Had to call Ensata, I had ordered a Daylily I already have, not hard to do when I have over 1000 named ones, Bob told me they would be digging for the North this weekend, So I hope to get mine "ours Shirley" this coming week..:)Anita.
P.S Shirley, did you get your's?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.