Who was looking for flat insert, pots or something?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Someone here posted a while ago that they were looking for, I never quite understood exactly what, but sounded like some kind of insert for plant flats or something similar?

SO got a horticultural supply catalog in the mail today and it has all kinds of flat inserts of various plug sizes, pots, etc. If you'll explain again what you're looking for, I'll see if they have it.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I think that this was the post from gloryglory. She did find some inserts.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks Pennefeather. This catalog has all kinds of things like that.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

hart - I'm looking for the baskets that you can sink w/non-hardy bulbs in so they can be pulled easily come fall...do you see anything similar to that, please?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

What do they look like, Chantell? There's all kinds of pots in this catalog.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ummmm....I have no idea...wish I could remember where I saw them at. If I remember correctly they reminded me of frying baskets with handles...LOL Great description, eh? You just buried the whole thing except some of the handles so you could find it come fall.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Could you use the baskets like you use for plants in a water garden? WalMart has those cheap, I think something like 60-some cents each. They look like this, no handles though.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/product/productInfo.web?picGroupKey=11784

I don't see anything like that in this catalog.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

How smart are you?!!!! That would be perfect!! I'm only doing this with my tuberoses - in one area. What a great idea...and the right price as well!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If WalMart doesn't have them now, they will in a little while. They're in with the water gardening things.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll wait and look!! Too cold to put them out now (snow falling - ugh) any-who-how.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

hart...you done good!!! Found the baskets at Wally World tonight...under $2 a piece...yipeee!!! Smart gal, you are!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.