strawberry plant source

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

what is a good online source for strawberries?
kathy

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Raintree Nursery.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

thanks!

Baltimore, MD

I think Indiana Berry is cheaper and sells good plants.

Scott

Hawthorne, FL(Zone 8b)

Nourse Farms in Massachusetts is worth considering too.

Mark., have an order coming from them this week, though not strawberries

Lexington, NC(Zone 7b)

I ordered strawberrys (raspberrys & blackberrys) from Nourse Farms also. They'll be delivered tomorrow.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Carolina - let me know how they look.
Kathy

Lexington, NC(Zone 7b)

BEAUTIFUL! I ordered the Tristar. Healthy, beautiful plants! The Caroline raspberry and Triple Crown blackberry look very healthy, too! I'd highly recommend Nourse Farms.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2007 10:43 AM

Hawthorne, FL(Zone 8b)

I got my Nourse order on Friday: two Samdal elderberries, a Ben Sarek blackcurrant, five Triple Crown blackberries. This is by way of an experiment, as there probably isn't enough winter chill here for the blackcurrant, it may be too hot for European elderberry, and the native wild blackberries might harbor some disease that will kill the Triple Crown plants in a trice -- but failure won't be the fault of the Nourse plants. What amazing roots! I potted everything up and I'll plant the plants out when I can.

If their strawberries are up to these standards they must be superb.

We may get a freeze tonight. Oh, f-, uh fishsticks!

Mark., don't want that warning message about obscenities I get for cuss words here

Lexington, NC(Zone 7b)

gooley - the strawberries are up to the same standards. I never knew they had roots like that! I went ahead and put them in their raised bed today. It will be cold the next two nights, but day temps will be nice and much warmer evenings after that. I figured if I had planted them last year in the raised bed, they'd be out there now anyway.

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

I ordered my strawberry plants from Gourneys. Haven't got them yet - hoping they will get here in the next day or two. Anybody else buying from Gourneys?

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Do you mean Gurneys? I ordered strawberries from several places including Gurneys and just today got an email from them that they'd shipped.

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

Yes, I just got my plants a couple days ago. They spent SIX DAYS in the postal service! They were a bit dry, but they should be after six days. They came without dirt in a plastic bag, and the roots were all about five inches long - lots of roots and a couple leaves on each one. I planted them the next day in my strawberry boxes and they are looking real good. I would buy strawberries from them again.

Tuscaloosa, AL(Zone 7b)

I second the nomination for Raintree Nursery for strawberry plants. I ordered 75 Eversweet from them this year. They are beautiful, growing vigorously, had long healthy roots when they arrived. In less than 3 weeks, they all have 3-4 big leaves on them. At least half of them are blooming - which I will have to go out and pick off -- too soon for blooming - but they're trying anyway!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.