10 inches snow

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I think Chris must have been tired of snow and sent us some of hers. LOL They were calling for up to a half inch of ice last night but other than a little sleet at first, we have about 10 inches of snow and it's still falling hard. They're still predicting for this to turn to ice this afternoon. I hope they're wrong.

How are the rest of you doing? I know it's probably warmer than here for some of you and I hope that didn't mean ice.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart...you have 10 inches? We have snow falling but almost all the snow from the last storm is gone...but accumulating now/and ice coming.. You aren't that far from me.

Wingate, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi...I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. It can't seem to make up its mind wether to rain or snow. It snows awhile then turns to rain then more snow. Hope it all goes away soon. I want Spring....Peg

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Nearly all of the old snow was melted. This is all new snow. Just came in from helping shovel the driveway and believe me, it's 10 inches. It was trying to rain for a little while but now it's doing nothing. Thank goodness.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Our old snow never melted, and it just now started snowing here. It's coming down pretty good.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Opps! I've been caught red handed! I'm not a shelfish person just have to share.
Everyone take care.
We still have a lot of snow left on the ground and people have been shoveling off their flat roofs, we had dairy a barn collapse last week, my husband when out to help with the rescue. Farmer lost at least 8 cows.
We are to get a bit of the nasties today too.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I checked the radar a little while ago and it was a solid block throughout Northern Virginia, Baltimore, etc. - east and northeast of here. Now it looks like it's cleared through most of the DC area but still heavy in eastern Maryland, Eastern Shore and Delaware, part of eastern Pa. north of Baltimore. Big cluster around Richmond and north and northeast of Charlottesville but Cville itself looks clear.

It's trying to rain again. I sure hope we don't get ice.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I am so sorry about the cows

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Looks like the snow is done here. I'm right outside of DC. I would say that we have about 4 inches.

Supposedly, there will be some rain later. For now there are just tired parents with aching muscles from shoveling, and happy wet kids sledding, and making snowmen!

Manassas, VA(Zone 6b)

Greetings to the Mid-Atlantic group!

We had about 6 inches in Manassas.
Or at least, that's about how much came off of my car when I had to leave for work.
Now in Springfield, VA (directly northeast of the Mixing Bowl), it's warming up to just above freezing, and we're wondering when we're going to start getting that warm rain from the south to melt some of this stuff before it's time to go home. The forecast calls for only getting down to, but not necessarily below, freezing overnight, so hopefully we won't have a lot of re-freeze. I hope not - they don't put a lot of effort into clearing the roads in the wee small hours of the morning.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hey, Colderwild. Manassas is my hometown. I grew up on Prescott Avenue in old town back when Manassas was a tiny little town.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

hart, OMG - 10" - Yikes!!! We were fortunate, started out as rain here early this morning, changed over to snow by mid morning, then to sleet around noon and then back to plain ole' rain - but it's cold, brrrr!! We were a little better prepared this week just in case we lost power, but looks like we lucked out with this storm - whew!

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

school is out....10 inches was the trick....that makes 7 days off in the last 3 weeks due to snow :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

just rain here now

Crozet, VA

It is now Monday morning. Did the same thing here as at a few of your places. It would rain for a while, snow some and then sleet. It went back and forth like that all day. In total it looked to be 2 or 3 inches.

I see some new names posting here. Welcome to all new comers. We are a very cool group, come back and post any time. Thanks everyone for the weather reports.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Ruby

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I sure wish that I had 10 inches...of course I am talking about snow! LOL!! Sorry, I still chuckle at that Aerosmith "10 Inch Record" song even if it was a little before my time.

I got about 6" of snow at my place. It was not as bad as the first snow/ice/sleet storm but still pretty heavy to shovel. As I look out the window I see patches of snow in the shady areas but mostly I see brown grass. Yuck!

- Brent

Brent, And here I am doing the happy dance because I finally spotted some brown grass on a hill coming home from work.

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Richmond must have an electric blanket buried under it because all the snow goes to the north of us AND the south! I wanted one big snow this year! Doesn't look promising! :(

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

here's a picture of our largest pine tree from sunday....

Thumbnail by larlienda
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

That is gorgeous..looks like a Norway Spruce.

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

thanks...i have no idea what kind it is.... i really like it :-)

Crozet, VA

Brent - You are a nut!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Wonderful photo larienda. Just gorgeous.

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

Breeeennnnntttttt Opennnnn the linnnnnnkkkkkk!!!
http://tcastle.com/snowball.html

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Ouch...a wet one right up side the head! I might have to give Dave a call and see if I can get your screen name changed for you...how about "MeanGrouchySnowedInGardener1"?

- Brent

Once spring gets here I'll be in a better mood. Every Sweet Lady has a Grouchy side.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.