Tall Beardeds "C"

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Shall we keep playing the iris alphabet game? I have lots to show & I bet you all do too! Show me your Tall beardeded Iris with "C" names.... An oldie but a goodie: Camelot Rose

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

I planted Cameo Wine and saw it rot away to nothing--so I replaced it with a different iris. Imagine my surprise when it bloomed beautifully last spring!

Caprice is an old beauty of a pure electric color. I wish my camera could capture it better.

Cayenne Pepper--3 years to get it established & worth the wait!

Centurion is a recently added historic that bloomed well the first spring. Tall & handsome.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Hey Wanda, are you going to bring a rhizome of Camelot Rose to the RU??
Love the coloration on that one.

I don't know. I moved that clump last summer & I don't know how well it is rooted into it's new area. It's techincally a 'rebloomer", but not for me. Once everything melts, I'll look at it & see if I can free you up a root.

Champagne Elegance is growing in mostly shade except for a couple of late afternoon sun. Seems to like it!

Champagne Girl features a delicate pink tone.

How about a little "Chatter" ?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I like to Chatter. What a pretty iris that one is.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice iris Wanda. If you want, you could add them to Avmoran's C listing on a previous page's thread headings. In fact, I think it would be nice for future "look-ups", to referencing them all on the same thread. Avmoran is up to F, before she had to leave unexpectedly. Her Mom is ill.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

'Chatter' is gorgeous!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

All of them are beautiful.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I say, keep up this alphabet game> Add your C's to those of avmoran. So are you saying that the photograph is of Cameo Wine which came up in spite of the fact that it had rotted? If so, I am delighted. Or is it the one you replaced Cameo Wine with -- a different cultivar. If so, what is it?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi folks! IM Concertina. Very lovely and good performer.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

IM Candy Floss

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Space Ager 'Coral Point' - I'm sensing a color theme here.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Clear or Calm Stream. I can never remember!

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Cordoba

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Conjuration - fabulous and very tall

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Cast of Characters

Thumbnail by doss
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Lovely irises. I have a couple of them but they haven't bloomed yet. Probably will have to go at least one more year before blooming. So your pictures are encouraging.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Candy Apple Classic - and it is too. Also big and beautiful.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Creative Vision - I'm glad that you have some of these. I love every one.

Thumbnail by doss
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's my City Lights.

Hey Doss, my pictures aren't as pretty as yours!

This message was edited Mar 2, 2007 2:02 PM

Thumbnail by weegy12
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Weegy - I have to give most of the credit to my camera and cropping.

Cajun Rythym

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And Chinese New Year!

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I have a 'Crush on You' LOL

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Cover Page - such rich deep colors!

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Clothed in Glory - you can't mistake this iris for another. It's really unique.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Last one. Louisiana Iris Cajun Sunrise. I know - outside the scope of the thread but I just couldn't help myself!

This message was edited Mar 2, 2007 4:52 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

lol ... all very gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh Doss, I love Candy Apple Classic. I have already ordered it for this year. In only 3 years I will see it bloom. Well, I ordered it from a nursery in Colorado that has a similar climate to mine. I am hoping that will cut the time to bloom down a bit, a theory I have heard espoused on this forum. Anyhow, I can't wait. Well, maybe I don't have a choice.
Your are other irises are also beautiful, but I am hooked on Candy Apple Classic.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Candy Apple Classic is amazing and has a large flower which I like. Mine bloomed the first year I had it in the ground so hopefully you won't have to wait so long. Perhaps it's the zone 5 thing?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Doss they still are beautiful pictures. I love those LA's too. Take a look at my City Lights above...it looks very different from the ones in the plant files. I hope it's not mismarked.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You're right Louise, that's not City Lights. It's a beautiful amoena though. This is City Lights.

Thumbnail by doss
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I know the LA may be a little off topic but I welcome it as well. I am planning to try an LA Iris or two this year. Sometimes my irises bloom the first year, but usually it is more like after 3 years. I am trying to figure out if it is the bulb source or the climate itself, or maybe something individual to the cultivar.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2007 11:17 AM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It will be fun to see what blooms. Louisiana Iris aren't going to be happy in Los Alamos as they are only hardy down to Zone 6. However you should be able to grow Japanese Iris which are hardy to zone 4 or, even better, Siberian Iris which are hardy to zone 3. Lot's of wonderful choices there.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, oh. I didn't know about the zone 6 hardiness for LA iris. Better rethink thta. I ruled out Japanese Iris because I understand they like lots of moisture. We don't have much moisture around here. I ration water carefully. I am thinking of Siberian iris. I understand they are easy to grow. What about Spuria? The are really lovely.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

As far as I can tell spurias are hardy to zone 3 or 4. Dutch iris appear to be hardy to zone 5.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.