how do anemone de caen set seed?

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i know you can divide the tubers or corms, but how do you collect the seed as i'd love to trade internationally with it, as corms may not be a good idea...

lil

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Hi Lilith, I don't know whether this will help, but last year, I collected seeds from Anemone Canadensis, Winter sowed them and had good germination and now have baby plants which look like they might even flower this year When the petals dropped off, there was an egg shaped thing left, covered in a sort of diamond pattern.I wasn't sure whether the seeds were inside or not, so I left it alone until about October, and the plant had turned brown.I opened the egg shaped thing and found a lot of 'fluff' inside (not what I expected)and what looked like seeds attached to the fluff.I separated the seeds from the fluff as best I could, although some was still attached when I planted them.Anyway, even though I didn't know what I was doing, I tried and it worked.Hope this helps.
Marigold.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

yeah, there's a black egg type thing left on a stalk after the petals have gone, i guess i'll wait until October and get some fluff. Does dead-heading make them flower any more? does anybody know?

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.