Have you been to the Washington Home & Garden Show?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I've never been to this one, but I figured that I might as well check it out since it's so close to me. I certainly do not expect it to come close to the level of the Philly show, but I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know what they thought about the DC show. Was it a Yawn-Fest or pretty good? I'm mostly interested in checking out the vendors.

http://www.washingtonhomeandgardenshow.com/

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I've been to that one and the one in Chantilly. The one in Chantilly is much better.

This is a nice one and, unlike the two DC area ones, is far more focused on gardening. No replacement window vendors and so forth.

http://www.maymont.org/events/annualDetail.asp?event=1

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I've been to the one in Chantilly. It was okay, but you're right, there's a lot of 'filler' there that does not interest me. Yikes, that means that the one in DC doesn't sound promising. Still, it's very convenient to me so I'll at least check it out... I now have even lower expectations. Bummer.

Thanks for the link to the Maymont show. I wonder if I can finagle a business trip to VA Bch while that's going on... I smell a challenge.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

It's in Richmond, Wrightie. And Va. Beach isn't too close. It's been years since I've driven from Richmond to Tidewater but it would be maybe 3-4 hours? Should probably be about 2.5 to 3 hours from where you are to Richmond. Not a bad day trip.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

From my perspective, Richmond is sort of 'on the way' to/from VA Bch. It's about 3 1/2 or 4 hrs from DC to Va Bch, depending on various factors. I have to go there on business from time to time so I've made the drive several times. I doubt that I would make the trip to Richmond unless I had other business down that way (The Phila. Flower Show is closer to me, so I'd sooner go there).

Are you going to Maymont this year? I'll let you know if I go.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

You must fly driving to the beach. LOL

I'd love to go to the Maymont show this year but not a chance. I used to be in Richmond every Feb. for the legislature and, since it was just a couple of blocks away, go to the show too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.