dwarf/semi dwarf mulbery tree?

Brooklyn, NY

Is there such a thing as a dwarf/semi dwarf mulbery tree that produces good fruit?

Hopkinsville, KY(Zone 6b)

'Geraldi' is one that's sold as a dwarf. I've never seen it, so I can't attest to its stature or the quality of its fruits.
My 'Collier' tree is staying quite small, but it is planted in some really crappy clay - and I don't mean clay soil, I mean clay. All the other good fruiting selections I've got growing are making sizeable trees.

Hawthorne, FL(Zone 8b)

Is 'Geraldi' the contorted mulberry I've seen in some catalogs? Those bear some fruit, or so say the catalogs' desciptions, but I dunno how much, how big, or for how long.

So far my mulberries have stayed small. Late frosts hit and trash the blossoms and blacken the leaves. Then when new growth shows, the deer show up and eat it all. On one tree they ate most of its aluminum label as well. Then the trees die. I plan to try again anyway.

Mark., stubborn

Hopkinsville, KY(Zone 6b)

No. Geraldi and 'Contorta' are two different entities - both are M.alba selections, but they're not one and the same.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Lucky,

I just planted a contorted mulberry I bought from a local nursery. It's so large I could barely fit it in my suv.... How are yours doing?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.