where are the second true leaves???

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My angelonia seeds germinated quickly, but they are not growing for over 2 weeks....I try them under gro lights inside...then the weather gets warm outside and I take them out to the sun.....when it gets cool at night I put them on the heating mats outside. Help, please!!!! They are healthy but not growing....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

bettygail don't worry! I have some in the same stage-just leave them under the lights and don't keep exposing them to different environments. The leaves will grow very fast in a bit. These are ones that you will want to pinch back several times as they grow. Not now, but in a few weeks after they grow up some.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

It will be in the high 70's today....do I put them on the warming mat outside with the gro-lights, Tigerlily, or do I vent them and put in the sun on the porch?

I just decided until it warms up more today, I put them on the heating mats under grow light on the front porch

This message was edited Feb 7, 2007 10:06 AM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think wherever you put them, it needs to be somewhere that you can leave them without having to move them constantly, so my thought would be put them indoors under the grow lights and leave them there until they're a little bigger. Once they grow a little more then it's time to start exposing them to outdoors, but I think right now you're exposing them to too many different temperatures, different amts of light, etc and it's probably creating extra stress for them.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

thanks.....my memory fades so quickly.....did this years ago all the time...then moved into an apt. for 10 years and it is like starting all over again with little confidence...
gail

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm sure it'll all come back to you! Have faith in yourself, most people who are just starting (or starting over) can't even get the seeds to come up so you're already ahead of the game! And I've seen some of your other posts, I think you're on the right track on a lot of things!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, now aren't you the nice person for the day!!!!! My brother keeps telling me I need more absolute failures if i am going to live out here. (He is a farmer of many many years..........so laid back and never worries about the weather, etc.)
No wonder he is doing the farming. With my type A personality, I would have gone nuts farming by now. Last year, they didn't even get a crop at all....didn't change his life and attittude of gratitude in the least.
thanks, ecrane3
gail

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.