heating mats and outdoor gro-lights

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am sooooooooo verrrrr excited to finally (now that the sun is out...ha ha) get my gro-lights and heating mats on my front screened in porch....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

How nice and orderly!
I'm about to dig out the heating mats too. My poor green house is full. The plants need a reservation to get in lol...

I'm so glad the sun came out...the plants around the yard were looking a bit tattered from all of the rain..
Rj

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 7:02 PM

(Zone 4a)

Nice setup!

Corinne

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I love my heating mat, I ordered a second one. Especially now that we are so frigid, I use it to keep tropical plants warm without running up my heating bill. It was definitely a factor in getting my plumie rooted over the autumn.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

The carpenter built them so each one can easily be transported in the house for winter................although, I am thinking of wrapping the front porch in poly next winter with some heat to overwinter tropicals, etc.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ooooh....the heating mats... do you know what that material is he ued? I just ordered a industrial heated mat for 7.50 that I found off a DG thread yesterday. The issue is that it doesn't have the heat resistant hard surface. If that can be obtained somewhere, an issue will be solved before the mats get here. There WILL be a way, just some of them are more preffered than others.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

The instructions on the thermostat said to use some thing that doesn't absorb heat underneath the mat....My brother and the carpenter agreed that a sheet of styrofoam would get the job done.. he just wrapped the edges in duck tape so I wouldn't have little pieces flying around.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I knew I saved all of that styrofoam from my old hot tub cover for a good reason!! I always re-use items around the garden, and much of the time surprisingly well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.