Tall Bearded B's

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I once asked on this forum what the bluest irises were. Bethany Claire was one of the ones recommended. Do you agree? I have bought other recommended ones -- such as Baby Blue Marine. Would you recommend Bethany Claire as a good blue Iris? I also have Sea Power and Yaquina Blue.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

They are both Terry Aitkens

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Blue I would have to say Tasco's First Wave

Thumbnail by avmoran
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

That is a beauty! I love the ruffles.

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a couple of small rhizomes of Baditude, but haven't grown much and not flowered yet. Looking forward to a bloom.
Browadway, Barbara Muller, and Blasing Beacon are my favorites; I'm not crazy about many purples, but Barnes Seedling 001712 is just beautiful!

Do you have all these planted in your garden?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My goodness!!! Can I play? Beaux Arts

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Bayberry Candle is one of the historics I love. Not so ruffled, but VERY reliable.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks for playing. That was Anita's original idea, a quick index of iris pictures. Love your additions!

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love your Barbara Muller! Wow!!! Let me know if you have one of those available for trade or where I might be able to purchase it.

Batik is always a good one.

How about a lovely historic: Bertha Gersdorff ?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

How about 'Bethany Claire'

Thumbnail by Texas_Doodlebug

And 'Beverly Sills'

I do think it is funny how bleached out my 'Bethany Claire' is compared to avmoran's. I have one picture of Bethany that bloomed really early, before it was blazing hot here, and it was much darker. Isn't nature wonderful and weird sometimes? :-)

Black as Night is one of my darkest iris blooms. The color is so deep that it is hard to photograph.

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my goodness, I need to get that one for my son (he loves black and red). Maybe he would see my plants in a different light.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

She is a beauty
love the branching
:)
A

How about a little beastie: Bewilderbeast?

Joshua, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, how interesting!

I added quite a few of the broken color Kaspareks to my beds in the last couple of years. They seem to do well in our Iowa climate. One is a mystery. it was supposed to be Serengetti Spagetti, but bloomed like this:

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Baja Blue : A free one from Schreiner's ...very nice color of blue.

Thumbnail by betterbloom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.