Clothesline trellis for muscadines

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I have two iron "T" post that were used for a clothesline years ago. They are impossible to remove so I had the idea to put some wire back on them and used them for muscadine vines. The post are about 25ft apart, would they work for this purpose? Would I need to start vines at the ends and let them grow towards the middle, or plant them in the middle and let them grow towards the ends? Or, should I run two wires and put one variety on one wire and another variety on the other one?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Escambia. Put two wires. Plant in the middle of the two. Come in from one end and plant one plant then leave big space and plant second one in middle of the two wires.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I placed an order with Ison's today, I ordered a "Triumph" and a "Jumbo". I'd like to try my hand at making homemade muscadine wine. Hopefully these will be suitable for that.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ison's a great place. Been there several times. nevr had a bad plant fromthem and if you have propagation questions they great about answering too. Think ya better make dandelion wine first, while ya waiting on your muscadines. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.