February Bingo Game..Please join our game!!!!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/bingofinish-card.asp

bingo
bingo
bingo
bingo

(quote)bingo(/quote)

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

for quotes you have to use the brackets: [ ]

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

obviously i need a little work on some of those. lol. where do you find those squared off parenthesis to do the quote thing. and my run together didn't work either. i typed before and after. where did i go wrong?
also, read it's bad form to write in all lower case letters.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

[you]

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

lol

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

now i'm really mad. i designed our very own bingo card and thought i was sending the original but apparently it is lost forever.

Could it be that i don't have brackets on my keyboard?

thank you for naming those things.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

Quoting:
bingo

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

found em. hahahahahahaha

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

theyer above your enter key

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

now................which do yall think looks the best? i'm kinda partial to the box thing. but it needs another word on the end of that box for balance..........ya think? how do you do that?

Quoting:
B....I.. .. N-G-O. B....I....NGO. BINGO IS MY NAME-0
or how bout

[quote] BINGO BINGObingobingo[quote]

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

something didn't work. where are you supposed to go to play?

here's the test forum: http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/test/all/

moretz, the word quote has to be between the brackets and then to end the quote you have to type the foreward slash and then the word quote....like this: /quote....but between the brackets.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

ROFLMBO, mama!!!! You really make this thing fun!!!

Susan
=^..^=

Laughing at myself here.....did you mean where are you supposed to go to play bingo or where are you supposed to go to play with the posts? I don't think the bingo has started yet. I think it starts tomorrow and I bet there will be a new thread started for it. :o)

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Moretz, That is great news...Please keep continue to keep us posted...T's&P's are with you as always.....

mamajack..............you crack me up.......to funny...

Lauri

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Yal are crackin me up!!!! mamajack, I don't see you on the test forum yet!! LOL

Debbie

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well i had to sleep some time!! you mean on the test forum there are going to be buddies? how fun.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I didn't know they said Y'all in OK.....I thought that was just deep south talk! LOL

This message was edited Feb 3, 2007 12:14 PM

See, now you're getting me all messed up...........it doesn't even start until the 5th!!!!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

janet, dear, "okies iz jus lack us".

(Zone 1)

Oh .... Y'all are a hoot!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

We say yal here!!! And I grew up in TN!! LOL

(Zone 1)

I was born in Virginia, but have been in Florida for 40 years and everyone I know in the South says Y'all. My husband was born in upstate N.Y., his family moved to Florida before he was a year old and he says y'all. He has a brother who has always lived in upstate N.Y. and they say youse (use) . I guess "y'all" is a Southern thing.

I'm an Oregonian through and through and I say ya'll sometimes.

(Zone 1)

mgh .... You must be an Oregonian with "roots" in the South! :)

Hmmmm....are Virginia and Missouri considered the south? That's where my relatives lived before they came over in the wagon trains. :o) Come to think of it, my Dad does talk kinda funny....I think my grandpa did too. :o)

(Zone 1)

Mgh: I know that Virginia IS in the South! As for Missouri, maybe .... it's south of somewhere. LOL.

Oh, are you saying that we "Southerner's" talk funny?? :) A lot of folks down here think Northerner's talk funny, not me mind you, but some folks do. It is sometimes hard for us Southern folk to understand Yankees! :) Different dialect's for different areas of the U.S.A. I know many years ago when my husband and I spent some vacation time in the Smokey Mountains, when we came home he told me I was talking like people in Tennessee. ??? He had a student years ago who's parents had retired to Tennessee ... this young man's name was Roy and the young ladies in Tennessee pronounced his name as "Rawee". I just loved to listen to them ... so cute!

I just love all languages and dialects! So interesting to listen to people. I hate the sound of my own voice on a recorder ... I've alway thought I sound like a drunk southern hick.

LOL! I didn't even think about it sounding like I was saying you talk funny! LOL Of course I would never say that! ;o) I bet I do talk funny......I don't like my voice on a recorder either.

I talked on the phone with a DGer from Kentucky. I was surprised by her southern accent! I see her typed words on the computer screen all the time, but never think what her voice actually sounds like. LOL

My DH and I went to Europe last year and I just loved listening to al the different languages. We stayed in Belguim, but visted France and Germany. Of course I had no idea what they were saying most of the time, but it was fun to listen!

(Zone 1)

mgh: I bet it was fun, not only visiting Europe but as you said, listening to all the different languages! My youngest sister went on a trip to Germany with her daughter (High School at the time) a few years ago. My niece took German for 3 years in HS and could speak it pretty well. My sister only knew a few words but she had a ball, listening to her daughter conversing in German. I have always wished I could speak a couple of languages besides English. When my family moved to South Florida 40 years ago, my Mom taught us to say "No Habla Espanol"(sp) .... cause the phone would ring and someone would be speaking Spanish and we didn't understand a word. I would love to speak Spanish and French, but the older I get, the shorter my attention span gets and I don't think I have the patience to learn another language at this stage in life! But ... ya never know.

Wouldn't it be fun to be able to have a DG conference call with folks chatting from all over the country - to hear the different voices and accents?

Well, the person DH and I stayed with in Belgium, I met here at DG. We started talking through dmail and then email and then instant messaging. Then we both got web cams and headsets. We can now see and hear each other when we talk. It's amazing technology for sure!

It's great that she had taken those courses of German in highschool. I took Spanish, but don't remember much of it. I was amazed at how many people we met in Europe who could speak English. When I was in highschool they offered Spanish, French, and German. I wish they would have offered Dutch! And I wish they would have offered it sooner than highschool. My kids are in 3rd grade and kindergarten and they are learning Spanish. I'm thrilled that their school is offering this at such an early age. Their Spanish teacher knows several more languages....I wish she could teach them the others too.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I don't think I sound very Southern, but when I called one of my DG friends in California, she just thought I was a real SOUTHERN BELLE accent and all..which really made me laugh....and yes Virginia and Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, the Carolinas, Mississippi and Louisiana are all very Southern to me..but I just wasn't sure about some of the MIdwest states...lol I was wondering, what does everyone else consider "Southern" states? Oh, and Texas for sure..they all have very southern accents, but different from Georgia...LOL

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Hey Janet was that 4paws??? She cracked up the first time we talked on the phone. She said oh you talk 'southern' too. LOL

y'all know it's the northerners that talk funny. My DSIL (son in law) is from London and I find I stick in a bi' of bri'ish now and then. (did you know they don't say t's) THAT does crack me up.

Susan
=^..^=

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it was Laura! The first time I called her I left a message on her machine, and I think she literally laughed out loud, she got so tickled at my "accent".... yes, I love British accents! I have a couple of friends that have quite the British accents too....used to have a friend from the North I talked to quite a bit when my children were younger and when I would get off the phone with her they always said I was talking like her...with a Yankee accent...LOL It is funny how you pick it up if you are with someone or talking on the phone with them for a while..we could convert Laura to being Southern...LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Accents are funny things... get me into a conversation with some "good ol' boys," even if they're talking with Vermont accents, and I slide right into a Georgia accent.... I had a really mixed-up accent in grad school, because I'd picked up bits of idiom from a lot of different places, plus I'd learned to ennunciate pretty well since a friend of mine was very hard of hearing (crisp speach always sounds a bit Brittish to me, never mind their lack of T's)... anyway, the upshot of that was that I was complimented occasionally on my excellent command of English, from people who, having entirely failed to place my accent, assumed that English was not my first language.

hahahaha... now, what was this thread about in the first place? I think it's just as well that it's almost time for our new game thread!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

One summer I spent in PA with my sister. I was constantly asked to say something. I soon thought that these people were making fun of me and said so. They all were astonished that I thought that. They told me they were intrigued by my southern voice that it was lovely to listen to. In Pittsburgh I boarded the plane for home and I was seated next to a group of teenagers that were returning from France. I sat there listening to there southern drawl and I found it intriguing after not hearing it for 2 months.
I also realized there dialect was very familiar. I finally asked one of the girls if they were from LA. She was not only from my state but my hometown too. Our enunciation's are very distinct to certain areas. To me the most soothing southern drawl is from Georgia.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I didn't realize the good folks in Vermont had accents. lol

I moved to Idaho for college and in my first apartment, I had 8 roommates from Virginia to Washington and everywhere in between. haha Okay, not EVERYWHERE.... They said I said some words weird, like "pancake" and "Kansas," etc. Just that 'a' sound. Oh well. lol

There was one girl I lived with who said she was from Nevada. She didn't talk different at all and I never questioned her nationality. After about a month, she let slip something about when she lived in Ireland. Turns out this girl was born and raised in Ireland and tried to drop the accent when she immigrated to the states. Did a superb job of it, too!!

This message was edited Feb 3, 2007 11:39 PM

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

georgia is different to me too. esp. words with "ouse" in them. but my personal favorite is "white trash southerners" such as myself. missouri is south. everybody is south that is south "of the line". lol.

But doesn't "the line" stop before it gets to Missouri?

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Missouri was a slave state. I should know...I live in the area where the great Pottawatomie Massacre took place. They hold reinactments every year. Kinda warped, huh? lol

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh...and for those who are unfamiliar with the Pottawatomie Massacre...

Kansas decided to vote to decide if it would become a slave state or not. The first time they voted, several Missourians came over the state border and voted pro-slave. The results came in that Kansas would be a slave state. They realized what had happened and decided to do it again. John Brown and Jim Lane (who our town was named after) went around and killed all the Missourians they could or chased them out. The results of the 2nd poll was that Kansas would remain a non-slave state. John Brown was heralded as a hero and his statue can be found in our state capitol building.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.