I CAN'T WAIT!!!

(Zone 6a)

This isn't a question or an announcment about a sale or anything.............I just had to post this to say.......

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY BABIES TO SPROUT!!!!!!!(not shouting, just extreamly fidgety and impatient)
And I can't wait to see everyones pics once their babies sprout.........Oooo, it's only January.......

(fidget) (fidget) (fidget)

When do things usually start to sprout? This is my first year....... *fidget*

Steve

(Uh! I somehow ended up working a question in there........)

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol Steve, the answer to your question is .... "whenever they feel like it" With winter sowing it's not as predictable. But it's worth it! :)

(Zone 6a)

Well, I couldn't wait! I ran outside and filled several pots with dirt.....and then I snuck them back in.......sowed them with, annual babys breath, poor mans orchid and chamomile, then I put them under a window and hidden infront of my house plants.....tomorrow I'm going to sow morning glories....... :D

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Many of us already have sprouts Steve :) I have sprouted:

Victoria Blue Salvia
Sweet Autumn Clematis
Cosmos Polidor
Helenium
Nasturtium (2 types)
Blue Flax
Texas Bluebonnets
Poppies
Aragula
Broccoli
Lettuce
Morning glories (not wintersown, but indoors)
Chinese Larkspur
Lanceleaf Coreopsis
Coreopsis Sea Shells

Here's what others have going:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/684371/

~Sunny

Arlington, TX(Zone 7b)

Woo hoo!! I saw some of my babies today; however, if I only knew which is which.

I sowed poppies, asters, zinias, blue flax, morning glory, black eyed susan vines, and many more. I labelled the names with a marker on the containers. After the rains, snow, sleets, the labels are gone. Now I can't tell which is tom which is jerry. Crap!!

ed

Thumbnail by dehart
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Ed:

I think your unidentified seedlings are known as 'mystery plants'.

Try using a paint pen (found at craft stores), china marker or pencil. These won't fade or wear off due to weather conditions.

Once your 'mystery plants' bloom, you'll be able to tell them apart....hopefully.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Or compare seedling pictures. Trudi has a lot on her site and so does the seed site. As the seedlings grow they'll be easier to compare to those pictures.

Karen

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I marked mine with nail polish. S'pose that'll work? Has anybody ever tried it?

(Zone 6a)

Ed, I just marked mine with a magic marker also, if I'm lucky maybe mine won't wear off? Yeah, I wish!
My new favorite WS method is planting in Ziplock bags(It's SO easy!) and instead of watering I put some nice fresh snow on top of the soil for mositure. Hope it works.......

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Is that magic marker a permanent one? Like a Sharpie? If not, you'd better re-mark very soon because the names might disappear quickly. Sharpies hold up very well for me, but I don't put them in full sun. They only get morning sun.

Karen

(Zone 6a)

My containers are in shade by mid afternoon, I don't remember what brand me marker is except that it's from Grand and Toy. I'll have to get out and get a paint marker.....

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Something I stumbled upon as I was "finding" things around the house to use. I had a container filled with paperclips that are different colors. I stuck one in each varieties container and cross referenced on paper. Red paper clip= poppies, Pink paper clip=sweet pea , etc. It's amazing what we find to use. What would have been refuse is now reuse.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.