Help With Seeds...

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Can you tell me everything you know on getting the following seeds to grow? I grow a lot of seeds I just need some information on the ins and outs of these seeds.
Nolina texana
Lycium pallidum
Larrea tridenata
Fallugia paradoxa
Ceratoides lanata
Atriplex canescens
Artemisia tridentata
Artemisia ludoviciana
Artemisia filifolia
Artemisia cana
Amorpha fruticosa
Argemone pleiacantha
Ipomoea leptophylla
Penstemon whippleanus
Sorghastrum nutans
Amorpha canescens

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry, can't say I've grown any of those. A number of them look like Southwestern natives, so if you don't get too many responses here you might try posting on the SW forum too (if you haven't already)

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

They are mostly natives here.. well to TX I am just a little out of range for most.. I will try over there too.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

according to the Tom Clothier database the artemisias should respond to "outdoor treatment", with fluctuating winter temps for at least 45 days.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Good - that I have. I just fear with the area they are from they will need more cold then what I can give them here.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

From the looks of it you have some of our cold weather headed your way right about now...

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

sad but we do... I hate the 10 or so cold days we do get..

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

MitchF, ther's a great book about germinating seeds be indiviual species. called Making More Plants by Ken Druse, good luck,Jim

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks I will get in there and look it up.. this is going to be fun.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

MitchF,

Here is a link to some information that may help you! The information at the top of the page is very useful, but be sure to scroll down for plants by name and the complete instructions for their seeds...

http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mitch... another way to find out how to germinate specific seeds is to google but type in like this...

propagation of Nolina texana

it will give you lots of hits to hunt through and genrlly wil include other cultural info on the plants too to include what pests and diseases to look out for.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.