Should I panic???

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I'm in the Florida panhandle...30-40 miles north of Panama City. I got stuff started the week after the winter solstice. Lots of sproutlings already...and naturally the "weather guessers" are calling for colder temps in the next few days. 30s and below. SOOOO will the younguns be okay outside or do I need to move them to the house? or "wannaby" greenhouse? or cover the containers till it warms up again? Phooey..I really liked the idea of throwing things in dirt and forgetting about them. Maybe I started too soon for Florida?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

You might loose a few of the earlier sprouting seedlings, but the majority should be fine. Don't bring them indoors or cover them, because Mother Nature can't take care of them otherwise. What do you have sprouting?

Alpharetta, GA

Don't know anything about the plants but it is cold here too. What is with the weather this year???

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I'll have to go look at what I have sprouting...containers are labled and numbered and I also made a list...and they're all lined up in a row. Will check later and post. Thanks!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

OK Shirley...in answer to your question. I have sprouting...white moon flower vine as well as red, leonotis, apple of peru, larkspur, scarlet flax, ipswich pinks, northern sea oats, millet, amaranthus, snapdragons and maters. Other stuff has not started to sprout yet.

Some things are tall enough to where they are already touching the tops of containers..reckon I should do something about them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.