Can't figure out what to grow here ....

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

The Phaeums will love being in that spot, they love shade, damp, any soil conditions!!! I have loads ofthem.......
Don't know if they are available in usa.............
They are totally different to the normal geranium Becky, so dont go by what happened to them!!

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

OK Becky. Photo 94 is a ginger, Curcuma scarlet fever.

http://www.gingersrus.com/

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Becky............................. what ya gonna plant?????????

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Mark - I will be sure to post here on this thread the minute I figure it out! Deciding on plants for the long bog garden is much easier than this small garden strip. It has seemed cursed to me for years! LOL

Awwwwwwwwwwww........................... Geranium Phaeum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooo ..... where do I get them at??????? That is the question, Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBAY................ GARDEN CENTRE................ANYWHERE REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here you go becky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-AND-DUSKY-BLACK-HARDY-GERANIUM-PHAEUM-MIX-SEED_W0QQitemZ290073706654QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3184QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Mark! I will check that ebay site out and see what's shakin'!

Mark - I ordered those Geranium Phaeum seeds from the ebay seller in the U.K. And I also ordered some water iris seeds. The Geranium Phaeum seeds (15 seeds for more that $7.00 total in American dollars) arrived in good condition, but the irises seeds were totally crushed (they were also over $7.00 total). I was so disappointed. I don't know why someone on ebay would sell seeds and send them in a flat envelope. Isn't is common sense to mail them in a padded envelope???? I am soooo done with ebay. I have had horrible luck with ebay purchases. Either they are damaged or I never got what I paid for. Or the dang stuff didn't work. I will give this ebay seller a chance to make this right or I will leave her a very bad review and file a complaint with ebay and paypal. I'm done, done, done with ebay sellers! Grrrr.........

I need to have my head examined for spending so much on so few seeds...... it was in U.K. currency and I didn't know till I paid as to how much my order really was in American dollars. What a rip-off! :-( I just learned a good lesson.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Becky, that's too bad, I hope she sends some new ones.

I have some Jap Iris that I'll be dividing this spring, I'll send you some:) If they like where they are the clump will get bigger pretty quick.

Becky
I answered you on long bog garden thread!! LOL

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Hahaha, Mark, you are crocking me up!!!

Crocking??????????????????? hahahahahahahahaha..................

My god this place gets more confusing every day!!!

Poor little Becky............................ I felt so bad for her i went and bought the same mix for her again!!!!
Isn't that sweet of me...................... hahahahahaha

Yes, it is! Very kind of you, Mark! I hope you get the seeds in better shape than I got mine. I feel badly that you are doing this for me. It was not your fault or your problem. I am more mad at myself for buying from someone on ebay. I should have known better.

I am one of those people who can say ..... if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Honestly, if something is going to happen, it will be to me. Always! Guaranteed.

And to add to that point .... I am in the Valentine's Day seed swap on another thread. Sent my seeds out Jan. 19th. So far, they've not been received. Again, just my luck. LOL! And that makes me mad at the post office. I had to put together and send off 30 seed packs! Grrrr ...... What's wrong with our national snail mail service anyway?????

You luck isnt that bad..................... you got the seeds i sent you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will see what the seeds are like when they arrive with me....................... if they are good, i will pack them properly and send them off to you!!!

I know i dont have to and i know its not my problem, but i want you to be happy!!!

Can you send me a million bucks! THAT would make me happy! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Just kidding! I had to ask! ROFLMBO!

I forgot to ask .......Is your season currently winter, too? If so, how long do your winters last? Have you noticed warmer weather or any changes that could be attributed from Global Warming? Just wondering if you are seeing any effects like we are on this side of the globe.

If i had a million bucks to spare i would...........................LOL

Yes, its winter here................. but much milder than normal, due to global warming, probably, although its freezing tonite!!
Well its usually frost free by mid april................ thats when i put all my plants out anyway!!
Oh yes the effects are world wide..................

Hey i saw on the news about the tornados that hit florida....................... did you miss those??????????

Well its bed time here.................. 2am........... nite nite!!!

Mark and others - See this link for a thread about the tornadoes that hit Florida today:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/689617/

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

speaking of storms... how about the one that hit Europe a few weeks back?

Mark - was that in your part of the UK?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, we got it here.......................

Was pretty bad to drive in, bits of trees hitting the car as well as trees across the roads etc........
one guy died when his neighbours shed roof flew off and landed on the poor guy next door and killed him!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.